Using 'less than or equal to" conditional?

Mehr
7 Jahre 6 Monate her - 7 Jahre 6 Monate her #79044 von sequoia
I've spent the past few days trying to find a post or article concerning my situation which seems rudimentary in function, but miff'd I can't set it or find information with what I am trying to accomplish.

Simple question: how many years have you been teaching?

Following question: how many years have you taught at *school name*?

The second question I am trying to set a parameter in the answer not to exceed the previous question.

Example: answer to 'Simple question' is 10.

answer to 'Following question' can not be 11 or higher in this instance.

I've tried working with the conditionals, and there is a 'less than or equal to' dropdown option, but no reference to a numerical 'x' entry in the 'Answer' (right operand/comparison value).

I know it's something simple, perhaps looking in the wrong areas.

Any direction given is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Letzte Änderung: 7 Jahre 6 Monate her von sequoia.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

LimeSurvey Partners
Mehr
7 Jahre 6 Monate her - 7 Jahre 6 Monate her #79048 von DenisChenu
Simple question code: SQ

Relevance equation : SQ.value<=10 no ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
Letzte Änderung: 7 Jahre 6 Monate her von DenisChenu.

Mehr
7 Jahre 6 Monate her - 7 Jahre 6 Monate her #79050 von sequoia
Thanks for the response Denis, gave me something to continue with. Here is what I did and what results came from it.

I entered this in the Relevance equation (box): FQ.value<=SQ.value

What resulted is you enter a random number for the SQ (Simple Question) entry, and then when you enter an integer in the FQ (Following Question) that is larger than the preceding SQ.value, the FQ question then disappears.

How can I have it react like other questions where you have a alarm message appears or something similar of that nature?
Letzte Änderung: 7 Jahre 6 Monate her von sequoia.

Mehr
7 Jahre 6 Monate her #79058 von sequoia
I resolved my problem as follows:

I changed from a drop down integer selection to a manual numeric only entry. After clicking on 'Advanced settings' I scrolled down to the 'Logic' group of settings. In the 'Question validation equation' I entered the before mentioned formula ( FQ.value<=SQ.value ), along with a custom message in the 'Question validation tip' box. I left the 'Validation' and 'Relevance equation' boxes empty. The validation for the numeric entry works as needed now.

Thanks again to Denis for the input. B)

Mehr
7 Jahre 6 Monate her #79106 von Mazi
If you are missing some information in the manual feel free to improve it. Our manual is a wiki, everyone can edit it and you can't do much wrong.
So if you miss anything in the manual and you found out how to do it please add this information. Thanks!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Want to use your survey offline -> www.offlinesurveys.com

Jetzt loslegen!

Melden Sie sich jetzt an, und erstellen Sie in wenigen Minuten Ihre erste Umfrage.

Account einrichten

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter für alle Neuigkeiten rund um LimeSurvey
captcha