Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Setting several referrer urls

• rhaimila
  • rhaimila's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #191883 by rhaimila
Setting several referrer urls was created by rhaimila
Hi,

I would like to create two referrer urls, so I can analyze the participants who have followed either link1 or link2 as separate groups. Is there an easy way to do this in LimeSurvey? (I am a beginner and using LimeSurvey Pro. I have set my survey to save referrer url but currently have only one url.)

Thank you for any help,
Roosa
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 3 months ago #191891 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Setting several referrer urls

rhaimila wrote: I would like to create two referrer urls, so I can analyze the participants who have followed either link1 or link2 as separate groups.

What do you understand under "create two referrer urls"?

If you have invitationlinks you should use URL parameter instead of referrer (which can be suppressed via browser).

rhaimila wrote: I have set my survey to save referrer url but currently have only one url.)

There is only one referrer URL, which is transmitted via the browser. You will never capture two referrer urls via LimeSurvey.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • rhaimila
  • rhaimila's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #191896 by rhaimila
Replied by rhaimila on topic Setting several referrer urls
Thank you! I thought the purpose of saving the referrer url would be to know which url the participant has followed (and hence thought there would be several different referrer urls for the function to be useful). But hmm, if I use URL parameter instead, how should I do that in practice? (I found this thread with a link to a manual, but couldn't find instructions from the manual: www.limesurvey.org/forum/design-issues/9...y-set-a-referrer-url )

So could a beginner like me do this, or should I try to contact LimeSurvey GmbH support?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose