Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can I use both panel integration and tokens to start the survey?

• WinnieWu
  • WinnieWu's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #188991 by WinnieWu
I have two access ways of my survey.
One is for panel: Send a link to someone and he can type in the id then start the survey. Do not have any info from this kind of participants. And do not know how many participants there are.
Another one is for specific participant: Need to create a participant table and generate tokens for them and send the url with token to let them start the survey.
My question is can I use these two access in one survey? I try to create participant table and create panel integration table but I have to insert tokens before I start the survey. Any solution for this?
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 6 months ago #188996 by tpartner
If tokens are enabled, everyone will need to use a token.

You could create a single token for the panel with multiple "Uses left". Make sure that you also append newtest=Y to the panel survey URL so a new response is triggered for each access (this should also be tested before launching the survey).

- manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_participants#Add_participant

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WinnieWu
  • WinnieWu
More
4 years 6 months ago #188999 by WinnieWu
Thanks for help! But can I still store the responses when the participants are interpreted by something else while doing the survey and restart it again?
  • tpartner
More
4 years 6 months ago #189001 by tpartner
No, you cannot use token-response-persistance when allowing multiple responses per token.

You may need to give the panel a list of tokens to use.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 6 months ago #189004 by DenisChenu
It's the purpose of gitlab.com/SondagesPro/coreAndTools/reloadAnyResponse
But need some more PHP script here

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
4 years 6 months ago #189025 by holch

One is for panel: Send a link to someone and he can type in the id then start the survey. Do not have any info from this kind of participants. And do not know how many participants there are.

If "panel" refers to an online access panel, then you can send the panel a list of links including tokens (you can create dummy tokens, you do not need to have any information about these people). You can create those token links in Excel. I had written a nice tutorial on how to do this which was in the manual, but someone it seems someone deleted this tutorial.

So in this case, you send the online access panel a list of token links and they will send them out to their respondents, who can then respond just like the participants that received the token link through limesurvey (and you can also use token based answer persistence in this case).

Let me know if this is what you are looking for and I will try to explain how to create the list of dummy token links in Excel. In this case you'll have to ask your panel provider how many links they need. But as the are created with formulas, it is pretty simple to create huge lists of links.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: WinnieWu
  • WinnieWu
More
4 years 6 months ago #189030 by WinnieWu
Thanks for help. I am just wondering if limesurvey can solve this problem without sending a batch of tokens to the panel customers.
  • holch
More
4 years 6 months ago #189055 by holch

I am just wondering if limesurvey can solve this problem without sending a batch of tokens to the panel customers.

Not sure what you mean?

You didn't clarify yet, what you mean with "panel". If it is an "online access panel" that recruits participants for you, they are used to receiving lists of individual links that they can send to their panelists. That is how it usually works.

I think you need to explain your "problem" a little bit better, because currently I am not even sure anymore what the problem actually is.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
4 years 6 months ago #189068 by Bigred01
Limesurvey is an amazing survey tool but it becomes so much better when you make use of the API. I have found tons of use for it internally to simplify tasks for our survey programmers but also add functionality.

I have a lime management site that also routes panel traffic (incoming and outgoing). I generate tokens on first entry for each panel member using the API, then redirect them to the survey. This allows for response persistence for most panels I have dealt with but also allows you to deploy non panel sample in the same survey. Outgoing is to remove the need for a survey programmer from having to specify a panels redirect links since these rarely change (useful if you use many different panel companies). They can then make use of a standard URL for quotas/terms/completes.

You may be able to make use of a plugin but i'm not positive on this one. There may be an event that is fired early enough that allows you to generate a token early enough then just enable it for a given survey.

You can also add your own route and controller that generates tokens but I would refrain from working in lime source as much as possible. This is a quick and dirty approach.

If you are a developer I would recommend looking into the API. If you are not, I would go with pre-generated tokens for panel sample. Or just run two surveys if you are able.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, holch, tpartner
  • tpartner
More
4 years 6 months ago #189073 by tpartner
To follow up on Bigred01's suggestions, here is a simple example of how to add a token via the API - www.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-this-w...rvey?start=15#171537

Cheers,
Tony Partner

More
4 years 6 months ago #189081 by jelo

Bigred01 wrote: Limesurvey is an amazing survey tool but it becomes so much better when you make use of the API.

With what language do you access the API? Do you use any additional framework or tools to automate your workflow with LimeSurvey?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
More
4 years 6 months ago #189104 by Bigred01
PHP, Laravel and a JSONrpc library.

For internal tools, laravel is a great option for quick development (regardless of how opinionated the framework is). Making use of the schedules, queues, jobs. For example, managing email invitations can batching them out can be a very time consuming process and leave you open for making some major mistakes. It does not take much to build a simple email queue system where a user can schedule batches for a project. Mine for example allows someone to select the lime installation, the survey, set your batch size and frequency, invite type (reminder or invite, if reminder, what reminder count), and time frame to run in. This allows our survey programmers to set and forget schedules and reduces chance of mistakes. This also allows you to better control your email volume which can negatively effect you with email providers if you are sporadic. This is just one example that saves many hours of time but the list goes on for what you can automate to make your life easier.

I have not found any tools or packages specific to limesurvey outside of lime plugins but I have not looked very hard. I have been thinking about writing some laravel packages for items like this but i have not gotten around to it.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose