Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

One participant, same survey - but for different individuals

• vixitasurveys
  • vixitasurveys's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #188787 by vixitasurveys
Hello, the subject line may be confusing, so let me quickly explain: we need to send out surveys to managers to understand their opinions about their subordinates. Around 250 managers and around 300+ subordinates. Now, obviously, there are some managers who have as many as 8 subordinates and some who have just one subordinate.

Is it possible to send out just one survey, to all these managers, so that they can fill in one survey per subordinate? If so, how can we do it? Eagerly awaiting response. Thanks in advance!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 7 months ago #188812 by holch

Is it possible to send out just one survey, to all these managers, so that they can fill in one survey per subordinate?

I think not exactly like that, but similar. But it depends a little bit on your structure. I assume that you know beforehand which subordinates should be evaluated by a manager, right?

So you could create as many copies of the questions about each subordinate as necessary to cover the manager with the most subordinates (I your case it seems to be 8).

Then you create a token table with 8 custom attributes and you'll fill these custom attributes with the respective subordinates for each manager.

Then you can show/hide the 8 question groups via relevance equation, depending on the needs for each manager and pipe in the name of each subordinate into the respective question group.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: vixitasurveys
  • tpartner
More
4 years 7 months ago #188826 by tpartner

...send out just one survey, to all these managers, so that they can fill in one survey per subordinate?

These are contradictory. Do you want the managers to get a single survey for all subordinates or individual surveys for each subordinate?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vixitasurveys
  • vixitasurveys
  • vixitasurveys's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #188882 by vixitasurveys
Hello, sorry for the delayed reply. The solution for me, as it turned out, was quite simple
1. Set Relationship between managers and subordinates in CSV i.e. manager1's name and subordinate1's name in one row, manager1 and subordinate 2's name in second row, and so on...
2. Set "Filter Duplicate Records" to OFF, while importing managers name via CSV
3. Set attributes as subordinate's firstname and lastname
4. In Email, specify subordinate's first name and last name.

This seems to have done the work and now, can also sort via tokens, to find the right subordinate to whom the manager has provided feedback.
A bit of a hack, but it seems to have worked (did pilot testing to ensure that it works!)

It would be great if the attribute can be put in email subject line as well as the landing page (first page) of the survey, so the survey seems even more personalized. But frankly, I did not have the time to check if it does work.

Thanks a lot for helping out! Appreciated. :)
  • holch
More
4 years 7 months ago #188883 by holch

Is it possible to send out just one survey, to all these managers

Because of this part of your original post I assumed that you do NOT want to send more than one email to each manager. Of course if it is OK for the manager to receive different emails for each subordinate, then your approach is the simplest and quickest.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose