Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Question Index

• grizle
  • grizle's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #185871 by grizle
Question Index was created by grizle
I have lots of survey questions in groups, but only want to see a sub set within the Question Index based on the answer of the first question.
Currently the Index shows all the question groups, until you try to move onto a question via the Question Index. Then it will move you to the first one you can answer - based on the group relevance, and hides the earlier ones in the list.

Is there a way to force the list through all the questions checking the group relevance and therefore only showing question groups that I can answer.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 9 months ago #185881 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Question Index
No,

I didn't find a way to do this. I'm happy to merge a pull request to fix this issue …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #192765 by blocka
Replied by blocka on topic Question Index
I'm also encountering this issue.

I have 250 question groups, representing 250 sections from a policy document under review. Each question group has a relevancy equation set to only show the group if the participant indicates they want to review that section (our first question asks what sections they want to review).

When the participant first loads the survey, the Question index shows all 250 question groups, even though none of them will have yet had their relevancy equation set to 1.

After the participant completes the first question where they select the sections to review, and clicks Next, this is when the group relevance questions are set to true, and at this point, only question groups where relevancy is now equal to 1 should appear in the question index.

However, I still see all the question groups in the index. If I click on any question group that I don't have access to, LS bumps me to the next available group, which is nice -- but if a participant has select 35 sections to review, it's going to be hard for the participant to remember which those were, and it would be way more helpful if the Question Index only shows the question groups are relevant (ie where relevancy = 1).

Any suggestions how to resolve this?

I may be able to pay to have this addressed, depending on level of effort. I'm using LS 3.21.4+200108

I also see this behaviour occurs in LS 4.0.0-RC14+200109, so it seems worthy of being addressed.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by blocka.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose