Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Users with individual URL are requested their token

• olaruda
  • olaruda's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #184285 by olaruda
Hi,
I am running a survey with individual URL for participants, and I've received several times (30% of participants) information that the system asks them for the token.
As my participants claim, when they click "next" button they receive information that the token is needed. The URL is not working even if they click on on again.
Why is it happening?
How can I prevent it?
What should I write in the template of invitation letter to give both the survey url ({SURVEYURL}) and token? I want to give then just in case that this situation happens again.
Thanks for help,
Ola
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 11 months ago #184286 by holch
Well, something seems to go wrong. Sometimes the email client cuts off the URL, etc.

How do your URLs look like?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• olaruda
More
4 years 11 months ago #184289 by olaruda
My URL is like this:
ankiety.usz.edu.pl/index.php/846925?toke...t10AnkietyPr&lang=pl

I have tested it in Chrome many times and I didn't have this problem.

Best regards,
Ola
  • holch
More
4 years 11 months ago #184296 by holch
And where where those tokens created? I assume you created them yourself, not the system, correct?

Your link did not cause an problem for me, but depending on some email clients, they might create a line break in your link.

In your email, is the link clickable or is it to copy? How do you send the invitations? Via email from LS or any other way?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• olaruda
More
4 years 11 months ago #184301 by olaruda
In this example URL I have created token by myself, but for the survey participants tokens are created by LM. Invitations with URL is sent by LM as well.
Initially participants are able to start survey using this link, but on some stage of answering (each on different page) they are asked to give token. Using the URL again doesn't solve the problem. But when I send them token (or they retrive it from url) it starts working again.
  • holch
More
4 years 11 months ago #184303 by holch
This is strange, because closing the window and clicking on the link again (given you have answer persistance, should let them open the survey again.

So the problem is NOT due to the first contact. It is an error during the survey? This is important, because it might make a difference on where to search for the problem. My guess would be sessions at the moment.

• olaruda
More
4 years 11 months ago #184331 by olaruda
Thanks!
Yes, I think that this is exactly my problem - the sessions are "over" if they have open any page for too long. Or they try to go back to the previous page (I don't let them do that).
Now As I tried in the Firefox, and the session was "over", I used the URL link again and it worked. But some of the participants told me that system still asked for the token.
So, the solution for that situation is to inform participants that they can not go back to the previous page and that if the system asks for token, they should use the ULR again. Hope it will work.
or there are other solutions.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose