Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Relevance

• BITCNI
  • BITCNI's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 11 months ago #183493 by BITCNI
Relevance was created by BITCNI
Hi
I realize LimeSurvey can use Relevance, and there's a sample I downloaded, but while it's great to see a working example, I'm still not sure how to implement (what seems to be) a simple Relevance for my Survey.
Basically, there is 1 question with a Yes/No Radio Button answer at the start of the Survey:
Are you a Small Business? (CODE: ASMB)
If YES is chosen, then I want to hide half the questions in the Survey.
Do I just add ASMB==TRUE to every question I want to hide when YES was chosen?
Or is it the other way around, ie, do I have to add ASMB==FALSE to every question that should be shown for users who chose NO?

I would assume that it's only the questions that should be hidden IF TRUE would need a Relevance added, but I obviously need to be sure and would appreciate any guidance or clarification.

Many thanks in advance
Brian
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 11 months ago #183497 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Relevance
First of all you need to know what question type the "Are you a Small Business?" question is and then you need to see what is saved in the database when you mark the answers. What kind of "code" is ASMB? The question code? The answer code?

And: Relevance equations show questions when the equation is true.

So if you write Q1==1, the question is only shown, when the answer in Q1 was 1, but it will be hidden if any other answer (or no answer was given).

Ideally you give us a LSS file with only the relevant questions as an example. then we can see how your example is structured.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• BITCNI
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 11 months ago #183499 by BITCNI
Replied by BITCNI on topic Relevance
Thanks. I've attached the LSS file.

Appreciate your help ! :)

File Attachment:

File Name: surveys_archive.zip
File Size:28 KB
  • holch
More
4 years 11 months ago #183501 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Relevance
First of all: There is no reason to put a LSS file into a ZIP file. Only if you want the helpers to have more work. It is totally fine to attache directly here.

Second: Why would you send a survey with god knows how many questions? How shall we know the questions you are talking about. I said send a LSS file with only the relevant questions. No one wants to go through a questionnaire with 11 question groups. I won't do it.

However, I clicked on the first group and found the question you were referring to.

ASMB is the question code and it is a List (radio) question with the answer options A1 for YES and A2 for NO.

Then you need to put into the questions you want to hide when the answer to ASMB is yes the following code:
Code:
ASMB=="A2"

This means, these questions will only be shown when the answer to question ASMB was NO.

As you have many questions, you might also apply this relevance to whole question groups, if the questions you want to hide are arranged accordingly. What I want to say is, these relevance equations also work for whole question groups.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • BITCNI
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #183518 by BITCNI
Replied by BITCNI on topic Relevance
1) OK. I'll know for future reference
2) Sorry: I didn't think you were going to go through all the questions; I just thought you wanted to see the structure and the first Question 'ASMB'. If I have any further questions, I'll duplicate the survey and delete most of the questions.
3) Thanks. I'll add ASMB=="A2" into all the questions I want to hide.

That's exactly what I wanted to know, so thank you for your help.
Have a good Easter :)

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose