Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Custom PDF export report with questions, answers, assesments and graphs

• webcoachonline
  • webcoachonline's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #182080 by webcoachonline
Hello,

I just discovered LimeSurvey and I'm still landing in this wonderful world of possibilities.

I was developping a custom PHP solution for simple surveys but it quickly became difficult to follow up on the requests of my clients.

I would now like to adopt LimeSurvey as a main tool to provide survey-related solutions with open source for my clients, most of them NGOs and SMEs.

I installed a first free self-hosted version of LimeSurvey and created my first survey.

I would like your advice to see if LimeSurvey fits the needs for this project.

It's a set of medical surveys. So it should be anonymous. Participants will be patients, inly identified by an internal number.

The survey contains:
1.- A first group of fields to enter the patient number, the referrer doctor's name and contact information and eventually the patient's e-mail, if he wants to receive a copy of the survey result.

2.- The second group of questions contains three questions with radio buttons.
Each one of the sub-answers of these questions has numeric value.

3.- And the trird group a single question with multiple checkboxes.

For the FIRST GROUP fields:
Can I use these e-mail fields to automatically send the result e-mails to the referrer doctor and the patient?

For the SECOND GROUP of fields

I created an assesment to calculate the sum of the poitns scored in this group of questions.
It displays fine to the user at the end of the survey.

How to include this assesment in the export of this survey result per patient?

How to create a graph with this result and include it in the export of the survey report?

Here is the URL to the survey:
ugyn.ch/test/index.php/965577?newtest=Y&lang=fr
The topic has been locked.
  • gabrieljenik
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
4 years 11 months ago #182091 by gabrieljenik
Hi,

I would sugges that you build a custom PHP script that sends the report to the required emails. You would need to grab those from the response, either through API (Remote Control) or DB.

As per including the assesment on the export, maybe you could just add an equation question that is updated by your calculation?

Let me know if you need help on this, I have done lots of Word, Excel and PDF reports as you need.

Thanks!

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Checkout our Reporting Solutions and our plugin shop at www.encuesta.biz .

The following user(s) said Thank You: webcoachonline
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 11 months ago #182093 by holch
You can send the results easily by using the admin notification ( manual.limesurvey.org/Notifications_%26_..._notifications_email ). You can modify the notification email in the email templates and also include results from the survey.

To send the report directly to the patient: In the field for the email in the backend you can insert Expression Manager code and automatically insert the email given in the answers. E.g. {email} assuming that the question about the patients email has the question code "email".

I would personally stay away from the assessments, which by the way are NOT stored in the database. I would use Expression Manager to calculate my scores, you can always use the assessment value to calculate your own score within a equation type question.

Now regarding the PDF reports, I have no idea.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: cdorin, webcoachonline
  • holch
More
4 years 11 months ago #182094 by holch

It's a set of medical surveys. So it should be anonymous. Participants will be patients, inly identified by an internal number.

The survey contains:
1.- A first group of fields to enter the patient number, the referrer doctor's name and contact information and eventually the patient's e-mail, if he wants to receive a copy of the survey result.

One thing: if you ask for the patients email, it is not anonymous anymore...

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: cdorin
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 11 months ago #182100 by DenisChenu
For such report : totally customized report, i use gitlab.com/SondagesPro/ExportAndStats/pdfReport
You do your report with ExpressionManager in a upload question text
Thos pdf can be send to any mail in the survey.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpartner
  • webcoachonline
More
4 years 11 months ago #182147 by webcoachonline
Thank you,
The PHP script option is a good idea but before engaging in a development, I wanted to know if there was already either native functions or a plugin that could do that
  • webcoachonline
More
4 years 11 months ago #182148 by webcoachonline
Absolutely...
I am now getting into expression management
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 11 months ago #182152 by DenisChenu

webcoachonline wrote: Thank you,
The PHP script option is a good idea but before engaging in a development, I wanted to know if there was already either native functions or a plugin that could do that

Hu ? The plugin is here and work good .

If you can add gitlab.com/SondagesPro/coreAndTools/limeMpdf you can make a better report (with round border for sample : and a lot boostrap class helper.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpartner

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose