Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

What can cause "Resume" function to not work?

• achstil
  • achstil's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #178431 by achstil
As i didn't recieve any answers in the 'intallation and updates' forum, I'll try to X-post here.

My question:

By default, when a user (respondent) saves a survey, he gets redirected back to the active survey. Our test-panel found this confusing. "I want to resume later - why am I taken back?". Therefore we have implemented a redirect. After a users saves a survey, we will not redirect them to the main page (where they came from).

Hoverever - sometimes when testing the "Resume" functionality, the saved survey is empty, i.e. the user clicks the links sent by email - the survey opens but with no answers registered from last use.

This happens inconsistently - and maybe once every 8 or 9 tries.

The survey is not very big, but e.g. the first question is a multiple choice question with 100 checkmarks.

Since the error is inconsisten I would very much like to know, if anybody has hints to what could be causing this situation. One of the answers is prefilled via URL btw.

sincerely
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 4 months ago #178450 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic What can cause "Resume" function to not work?
Please do not cross post. It wastes the VOLUNTEER forum supporters time.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • achstil
  • achstil's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #178452 by achstil
Replied by achstil on topic What can cause "Resume" function to not work?
OK. Thanks. I can't seem to delete the question. For the record I was very much in doubt as to which forum the question belonged to. Srry
A

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose