Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can i show outside content as a Text Question

• soubhikbasu
  • soubhikbasu's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #177594 by soubhikbasu
Replied by soubhikbasu on topic Can i show outside content as a Text Question
Thanks, this will help me to solve my problem, but how can i update email template runtime, because the id "65" is not a constant value, its may vary.

Because when i use limesurvey remotecontrol API from another application, this id will change. So need to update this value in emailtemplate or in question at runtime.

How can i do this?

one more thing need help from you please help me

ATTRIBUTE_1 = question code ? or anything else?
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by soubhikbasu.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 4 months ago #177598 by holch
I am out. No clear description what is needed and what needs to be done. Can't follow anymore. It can't be that difficult to give a good example of what will be done, can it?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• soubhikbasu
  • soubhikbasu's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #177600 by soubhikbasu
Replied by soubhikbasu on topic Can i show outside content as a Text Question
I am trying to Send survey URL to the participants dynamic Like:

participant1
dev.example.com:8080/latestlimesurvey/index.php/556852/oppid/65?newtest=Y&show=1

participant2
dev.example.com:8080/latestlimesurvey/index.php/556852/oppid/89?newtest=Y

participant3
dev.example.com:8080/latestlimesurvey/index.php/556852/oppid/225?newtest=Y&show=1

By using "RemoteControl 2 API"

How can i do this?
  • holch
More
5 years 4 months ago #177602 by holch
Yes, this is clear, what is not clear is where the data from oppid and show come from to find out if you couldn't just create new token entries with additional attributes oppid and show in it. You would save oppid as a custom attribute and you would show save as a custom attribute via API in your token table. Then you can access this information from within your survey and do not even have to use the URL to transmit it.

Now if this information can change after you created your participant in the token table, then of course you can't save this information in the token table. But you are not giving us this information, so we can't know.

There is a difference between dynamic:
1. every user has a specific oppid and information for show, but they do not change for the participant. Then you can just save them as custom attributes in the token table and can access this data from within their survey.
2. the data oppid and show can change for respondents any time after creating them in the token table. Then it doesn't make sense to save them in the token table.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
5 years 4 months ago #177606 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Can i show outside content as a Text Question

soubhikbasu wrote: I am trying to Send survey URL to the participants dynamic Like:

participant1
dev.example.com:8080/latestlimesurvey/index.php/556852/oppid/65?newtest=Y&show=1

participant2
dev.example.com:8080/latestlimesurvey/index.php/556852/oppid/89?newtest=Y

participant3
dev.example.com:8080/latestlimesurvey/index.php/556852/oppid/225?newtest=Y&show=1

Use token attribute … manual.limesurvey.org/Email_templates#Email_placeholders

And following holch :
For 1 : in Remote control you set attribute at creation
For 2 : with remote control : you can update attribute (set_participant_properties)

@holch : when send email : the only way to have different email is attribute. Since yoàu can always update any value in token table : it‘s OK to use it :)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose