Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Import of external Data / Gateway

• pascalabel
  • pascalabel's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #176693 by pascalabel
Import of external Data / Gateway was created by pascalabel
I am part of a team which provides a platform for people who want to start a project for their urban environment. Now we want to do research e.g. surveys to dig deeper into the users motivations. I would like to match those survey anwers with the users behavior on our platform – but it should be done anonymously.

Here are my questions:
1. Can I use our platform as a gateway to LimeSurvey and send a bunch of data with it? Is LimeSurvey able to accept such a dataset (e.g. .csv).
2. In future survey I would like to match previous behavior. How can I do that? Can I use a token/key?

Many thanks for your help!

Pascal
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 4 months ago #176710 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Import of external Data / Gateway

pascalabel wrote: I would like to match those survey anwers with the users behavior on our platform – but it should be done anonymously.

How to you want to match prior behavior in an anonymous way? Anonymity for whom?

You can create a token for every user and can add data (user-defined attributes) to every token.
These attributes can be used in the survey (e.g. display certain user infos). Import/Export is possible.

LimeSurvey surveys can be accessed via URL parameters. You system could provide/redirect user to a individual survey. The simplest URL would just contain the token of the user.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose