Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Format the end URL

• DB1324
  • DB1324's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #175484 by DB1324
Format the end URL was created by DB1324
Hi folks,

I am using the 'End URL' for one of our questionnaires. It displays on the final page, as expected, but it's a fairly small link, and I've been asked to investigate if I can format it (make larger/bolder/possibly align to the centre).

Is this possible? I've had a dig around the css files and I've inspected the End URL as it displays; I can't work out what, if anything, it is possible to do.

As ever, thank you!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 6 months ago #175487 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Format the end URL
These things you should be able to change in the template files, the css specifically. But it depends very much on your version and your template that you are using.

So it would be good if you could inform what your version of LS is and what design template for the survey you are using.

By the way: What do you consider "fairly small"? Do you have a screenshot how it looks now?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DB1324
More
5 years 6 months ago #175492 by DB1324
Replied by DB1324 on topic Format the end URL
Hi Holch,

My apologies, my post was lacking some information.

So, we are using version 2.65+170522, with a 'Flat and modern' template.

I have attached a slightly doctored screenshot - I've had to obscure most of it - but you get the idea:

• holch
More
5 years 6 months ago #175495 by holch
OK, I don't think I have a installation of that version running here to test.

But regarding the screenshot: There seem to be two links. The one where you say "a different webpage" (which should come from the END URL feature) and then below to the left there is also this "https://" link.

Which one are you referring to?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• DB1324
More
5 years 6 months ago #175496 by DB1324
Sorry for the confusion. There is only one link on the page - beginning with https at the bottom of the page. You can see it stands out as being much smaller and out of alignment. I am concerned that on smaller screens, this link may be 'missed' altogether if people don't realise they need to scroll down to find it.

The 'a different webpage' box obscures the name of a website.

I realise an alternative approach would be to embed the link in the end message itself and bypass the End URL, but it seems odd to me to need to do this if 'End URL' is built in...?
  • holch
More
5 years 6 months ago #175497 by holch
Found a newer installation of the same branch. However, there is no template called "flat and modern" template that comes with LS.

But I assume you are referring to the "default" template, which says "flat and modern" in the preview.

The completed text is within the CSS class .completed-text. So you should be able to format it with something like that:
Code:
.completed-text a {text-align:center; font-size: 120%; color:#f00;}

• holch
More
5 years 6 months ago #175498 by holch

I realise an alternative approach would be to embed the link in the end message itself and bypass the End URL, but it seems odd to me to need to do this if 'End URL' is built in...?

If you have a static link, then you actually could just include the link into the end message text and it probably fits better with the text.

The end url feature comes especially handy if the URL needs to be taylored (depending on the responses in a survey) or if you want to pass some attributes through the URL.

It also is necessary when you want to automatically redirect your respondents to this URL.

• DB1324
More
5 years 6 months ago #175499 by DB1324
Yeah our URL is tailored to include Attribute 1, but I can do that within the End Message text (I've done it earlier in the survey so I know it works). I don't want to automatically redirect anyone, so this looks like it's going to be the best approach.

Thank you very much for all your help.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose