Question type that allows expanding list

Mehr
1 Monat 5 Tage her #175381 von izzysteve
izzysteve erstellte das Thema Question type that allows expanding list
Hi,

Is there a way that I can ask a question and the user is able to provide as many answers as they like, but each answer is a separate value in the database.

As a rather simple example: I have a question "What are the most regular items you buy at the supermarket (up to 10 items)". There is a single short text answer box for them to enter their first item, but a plus (+) button that they can click that opens a second short text box and they keep clicking until either they finish (maybe only enter 5 items). There would also be a minus (-) button that allows them to remove a row.

At the moment I use a long text field and ask them to separate answers on separate lines.

I am trying to integrate LimeSurvey questionnaires to my own app/database and it would assist if I can get these values as separate entities.

Thanks,
Steve

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um an der Konversation teilzunehmen.

Mehr
1 Monat 5 Tage her #175383 von jelo
jelo antwortete auf das Thema: Question type that allows expanding list

izzysteve schrieb: There is a single short text answer box for them to enter their first item, but a plus (+) button that they can click that opens a second short text box and they keep clicking until either they finish (maybe only enter 5 items). There would also be a minus (-) button that allows them to remove a row.

There is no question type available.
There are workarounds available. But you will have to define the max. number of fields.
A simple workaround for expanding is using subquestion relevance. If a text field is filled, the next field is displayed to enter more. Not the same quality as +/-, but doable without javascript.

www.limesurvey.org/de/foren/can-i-do-thi...plicate-field#173668

Are you a student conducting a survey? If yes, tell me why you use LimeSurvey?
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/116...y-you-use-limesurvey

Mehr
1 Monat 5 Tage her #175385 von izzysteve
izzysteve antwortete auf das Thema: Question type that allows expanding list
Ok, thanks, that workaround might just be good enough for my needs.

Mehr
1 Monat 3 Tage her #175428 von surveySn
surveySn antwortete auf das Thema: Question type that allows expanding list
Mandatory:OFF

You try it.
Anhang:

Jetzt loslegen!

Melden Sie sich jetzt an, und erstellen Sie in wenigen Minuten Ihre erste Umfrage.

Account einrichten

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter für alle Neuigkeiten rund um LimeSurvey
captcha