Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Panel integration -end link

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 6 months ago #174720 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Panel integration -end link
I never use panel integration, I just rely on this - manual.limesurvey.org/URL_fields/en#Pref...using_GET_parameters .

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The topic has been locked.
  • ipazur
  • ipazur's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #174721 by ipazur
Replied by ipazur on topic Panel integration -end link
I did use panel integration, but the manual gives only examples with passthru... so my panel provider followed it... now we omitted it but they still have a problem with their ID saving.... I do not know what it means, but it seems to me that is connected with the numbers at the end of the url encID=xxx
  • ipazur
More
5 years 6 months ago #174722 by ipazur
I am not sure that I am up to this :) Could you be so kind to take a look in my test file and to correct it?

Links from panel provider:
My entry link: limesurvey.srce.hr/131882?newtest=Y&lang=hr&encID=test

Completes:
blabla.com/ic/survey.php?autoAnswer [317950][0]=0&encID=xxx

Screen-out:
blabla.com/ic/survey.php?autoAnswer [317950][0]=1&encID=xxx

Quotafulls:
https://blabla..om/ic/survey.php?autoAnswer[317950][0]=2&encID=xxx

IP check:
blabla.com/ic/survey.php?autoAnswer [317950][0]=3&encID=xxx
  • holch
More
5 years 6 months ago #174723 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Panel integration -end link
I don't want to test the end url with your file, because it directs to the panel provider already and I don't want my installation redirect to their actual links.

Your problem is that you are using the option of "always hide" in the GUI. This way the question does not appear in the source code and the ID can not be saved into the question. If you don't hide it, you'll see that the encID is saved into the "long text question" (I think a short text question would be better, but should work anyway), and it also gets passed through to the end URL. What you now need to do is to hide the encID quesiton via CSS (include the class "hidden" for this question). It will hide it from view, but it will allow LS to write into it.

Then the encID gets saved and also included into the endurl. Now you just need to set that the end url gets loaded automatically, at the moment it is just printed on the end page (maybe you just did that for testing purposes, but I thought I'd mention it anyway).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• ipazur
More
5 years 6 months ago #174728 by ipazur
Thanks a lot... but what do you mean by GUI? Could you provide a screenshot where is this option.
CSS class is hidden for encID question already.
Yes end url is not loaded automatically for testing purposes.
  • holch
More
5 years 6 months ago #174729 by holch
GUI = Graphical User Interface (the LS backend).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• holch
More
5 years 6 months ago #174731 by holch
Just checked the manual again, because I thought that the panel integration should work with the "always hide" feature and according to the manual about panel integration, it actually should:

1) First, create a short/long text question and name it what ever you want (we will use "LS" for the Question code field). Then, enable the always hide this question option, located under the Display tab within the menu of the question.

Either your test survey is seriously messed up in some way, or there is a bug in the newer versions of LS.

• ipazur
More
5 years 6 months ago #174732 by ipazur
Replied by ipazur on topic Panel integration-end link
:) Yes I know it is Graphical User Interface, but still do not understand what do you mean and where is this option... (I am using limesurvey platform, not desktop installation if that means anything)
  • ipazur
More
5 years 6 months ago #174733 by ipazur
Here is my hidden question. I created this question for entry link and it works fine...
Attachments:
  • holch
More
5 years 6 months ago #174734 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Panel integration-end link
Your question was "What do you mean by GUI?" and I answered.

In your (first?) LSS file that I downloaded and used you had set the "encID" question to "Always hide: ON" in the GUI, while Tpartner had set the css class for this question to "hidden", not using the "Always hide" feature. Here a screenshot on where to find both options:

When writing something to a question via Javascript, you usually can't hide the question via "always hide", because JS wouldn't have anything to write to.

But for other operations from within LS (e.g. with Expression Manager) this should not be a problem and you should be able to use the "always hide". That is also described in the manual for the panel integration. So it should work. But in your first lss which I tested it didn't. it only worked once the "always hide" was set to "off". So either there is another problem within your test survey, or this is a bug with LS.

I will try to setup my own clean test survey to give it a try and see what happens.

More
5 years 6 months ago #174735 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Panel integration-end link

holch wrote: So either there is another problem within your test survey, or this is a bug with LS.
I will try to setup my own clean test survey to give it a try and see what happens.

The GET URL parameter to hidden question should work with the "always hide" function. That was the way is was even before the panel integration function was available.

What does a complete URL look like, when it come from the panel provider?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: ipazur
  • ipazur
More
5 years 6 months ago #174740 by ipazur
Replied by ipazur on topic Panel integration-end link
You mean those below...?

Completes:
survey.blablabla.com/ic/survey.php?autoAnswer [317950][0]=0&encID=xxx