Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Dropdown question Default value from an Attribute

• jmorant
  • jmorant's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #174376 by jmorant
Hi!

I've been looking for this in the forums but I haven't found it. I would like to know if it's possible to set the default value of a dropdown question with the value of an attribute.

I send a survey regularly (twice a year) to a close group of participants. I've some classification questions like "city","Region", "Activity". Those fields rarely change so I would like to set the default value of each of those questions with an attribute with the same name. If there's nothing in the attribute then choose between the options of the question.

For example, the question "Province". If the participant have already answered this question last time, now it should be the default value.

Example: Last time the participant selected Option 3 Madrid ( 3 is the value of the option and Madrid is the text). This time when the participant enter the survey option 3 of the province question should selected by default, showing the text of the option (Madrid).

Can this be done in the 3.9.0+?

Thanks you so much in advance.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 6 months ago #174384 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Dropdown question Default value from an Attribute
This plugin : gitlab.com/SondagesPro/TokenManagement/updateTokenByResponse
Was done for this. Updating token attribute by response in survey. Then at end : export your updated token with the good value to be imported next year.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpartner
  • jmorant
  • jmorant's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #174408 by jmorant
Thank you.

How should I install this plugin?
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 6 months ago #174428 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Dropdown question Default value from an Attribute
extensions.sondages.pro/about/install-an...-for-limesurvey.html

After : you have a new Menu in tools.
Documentation take time too … but my client are really happy with this one.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose