Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Custom Field as Token

• arjereza
  • arjereza's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #173944 by arjereza
Custom Field as Token was created by arjereza
Hi,

New to LimeSurvey and would like to ask if it is possible to set a created custom field in the participants table as the token?

From where I'm going to use this, people do not have email access so I dont know how to send them their tokens to participate. What I'm thinking is creating an attribute (like employee id) that will be their tokens so that they could access the survey.

Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated and thank you.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 6 months ago #173949 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Custom Field as Token
You might just add the employee id as a token? Why an extra field? The token field can be edited too.
It might be an issue, if someone uses the wrong employee id. Depends on the format and complexity of the employee id.

How do you inform the users to access the survey?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • arjereza
More
5 years 6 months ago #173954 by arjereza
Replied by arjereza on topic Custom Field as Token
They have a dashboard they can access. We will place the link of the survey there.

Ah okay the token can be inputted, thought it was auto generated. Im thinking employee Id at first but you are right. Someone might input a wrong one. The token must be something our system must generate.

Thank you for your help.
  • arjereza
More
5 years 6 months ago #173975 by arjereza
Follow up question. I noticed that the CPDB does not have a token column, is there a way I could connect a CPDB column to the token column in participants? I was thinking of creating a token for the participant that is persistent to all surveys. Or if you have something else to suggest.

Thank you.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 6 months ago #173981 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Custom Field as Token
Tokens are survey based. However, you can always use the same token for the same person, as you can upload the token table as CSV.

I don't use the CPDB, so I don't know how it works exactly. You might be able to create a custom attribute and move this to a survey as the token. But I don't think it is possible.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• arjereza
More
5 years 6 months ago #173982 by arjereza
Apologies finally figured it out. Had to drag the column name on to the token box on passing the participant on to survey.
  • arjereza
More
5 years 6 months ago #173990 by arjereza
Wanted to use CPDB so that we wont be always uploading the list of participants everytime we create a survey. But I finally got it like what you said. Created a custom field and dragged it to the token box when adding participants to the survey. I just thought that it can't since when i dragged the box it wouldn't connect to the token placement box.

Thank you for your response.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose