Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Retain previous answers on update?

• brettd
  • brettd's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #172337 by brettd
Retain previous answers on update? was created by brettd
Are there any existing solutions to retain a previous answer on user update of the answer? For example, after the question has been submitted and the user used the Back button.

Or a possible approach?

I realize the existing database won't be able to store this or the UI display prior answers.

I'm just looking for a way to see IF answers were revised after subsequent questions, and what the changes are. I don't know IF there will even be any changes. So I'll be quite happy to look at what I expect would be few records in phpMyadmin ;-)

If nothing exists I think adding a MySQL TRIGGER would suffice. Does this make sense?
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 8 months ago #172341 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Retain previous answers on update?
I cannot rember a discussion or workaround capturing revision of answers during filling out a survey.

Using trigger to track changes is a approach (e.g github.com/jasny/mysql-revisioning ). But LimeSurvey creates a new table when a survey is activated. That makes it more difficult.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettd
  • brettd
  • brettd's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #172375 by brettd
Replied by brettd on topic Retain previous answers on update?
Wonderful - thanks for the excellent link, and reminder about the new table being created. I was aware of that because I've restored an old table many times, but wasn't thinking about it in this context.

cheers,

Brett

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose