Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Re-assignment to different random group when quota is full

• mado88
  • mado88's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #170388 by mado88
Hi,

I constructed a survey with 6 random groups (G1, G2, G3, G4, G5, G6). The total number of respondents is 1.200. The distribution between the groups should be even. Randomization alone would certainly create an uneven distribution between the groups.

To create the groups, I constructed a random variable of the question type equation with the possible answers 1-6.

I used the quota system to set the limit for each group at 200. That means the survey ends automatically, when the limit of 200 respondents for one group is reaches, i.e. the answer to the equation was 1, 200 times, for instance. This was my initial idea of making sure that the respective groups do not extend 200 respondents.

Is there a better option of closing the groups? Ideally, the respondents would be re-directed to a different goup. So, if let's say, group 1 reached the limit of 200, the survey doesn't end, but the respondent is assigned to a different group (G2-G6). Is this possible?

I hope I was clear enough...Thanks for your help.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 9 months ago #170400 by tpartner
There is currently no access to previous quota data from within a survey.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose