Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Assign a token to a participant without registering

More
5 years 9 months ago #170387 by wolf
Hello,

for a study with best-worse-scaling questions (8 questions with 5 items where best and worst item are to be chosen) we would like to ask each participant one set of questions. The items of the set are saved in custom attributes, and each respondent gets his set according to the token. But this works only if the participants access the interview with an individual link.
Is it possible to assign a token to a participant when she clicks on a generic link? E.g., by response id?

Do you have any ideas?

Wolf
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 9 months ago #170399 by tpartner
How would you know which token to assign? It must be assigned before starting the survey.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
5 years 9 months ago #170403 by wolf
Thanks for the answer, tpartner.

It could be the next "unused" token.
A workaround could be to use a database with the links and a counter to choose the next link, but it would be nice to be able to do it directly in Limesurvey.
I encounter often problems like this - e.g. assign to the least filled quota (see www.limesurvey.org/forum/design-issues/1...ill-least-full-quota ), but I haven't found a solution yet.
  • tpartner
More
5 years 9 months ago #170407 by tpartner
I don't think you'll be able to do that within LimeSurvey. A solution may be to send the respondents to a PHP script that queries the database and then redirects to the survey with the appropriate token.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
More
5 years 9 months ago #170408 by wolf
That was also my first idea, but it requires access to the server.

Anyhow, if anybody knows a possibility within Limesurvey, it would be much appreciated.
More
5 years 9 months ago #170452 by jelo
Get traction behind the feature request to access quotas via EM(relevance equations).
The implementation of a well-rounded quotasystem would help in many areas.
bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=11589

Writing data into something like surveywide token attributes would be another interesting feature, which would reduce the need of externals scripts and tools.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose