Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

XAMPP Limesurvey Surveys

• kwonwilliam
  • kwonwilliam's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #169651 by kwonwilliam
XAMPP Limesurvey Surveys was created by kwonwilliam
I installed the xampp limesurvey package on my computer with the hopes of being able to create and gather responses on surveys on a local network. I don't want to use a web server with a hosting company because of the security issues with their data storage. Is it possible for me to activate a survey on my localhost and have other devices take the survey?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 9 months ago #169660 by holch
Replied by holch on topic XAMPP Limesurvey Surveys
If everything runs within the same network and your computer is reachable from this network and has a fixed IP: yes.

However, depending on the configuration of your machine and the network, it might not be possible. You just need to find out what your IP is (the local one, speak to your network administrator or try something like this: lifehacker.com/5833108/how-to-find-your-...-external-ip-address ).

Your IP must be fixed and ideally your machine should be connected via LAN, not WLAN. But I think your network/system administrator should be able to help you there. This has little to do with Limesurvey itself, but rather with your network and the configuration of your machine (e.g. firewall, etc).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose