Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How to not link to second survey

• Fverniers
  • Fverniers's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #169215 by Fverniers
How to not link to second survey was created by Fverniers
Due to my Survey being to large to activate I had to split it up into two parts. When first entering the survey, participants get a hidden question which assigns them a random number between 1-12. If they get a number between 1-6 they remain in this survey but if they get one between 7-12 they skip the question-sets in this survey and get redirected to the second survey via the end-URL. Now this all works swimmingly except for one thing: if a person has completed their questions in survey 1 they also get booted to survey 2 (the opposite doesn't happen, naturally) and have to repeat the questions there.

The hypothetical solution I had was the following: Only link to the second survey in the End-URL if it's a number between 7 and 12, and not linking (or linking to a "final" page) if it's a random number between 1 and 6.

The solutions I found online only dealt with answers to yes or no conditions in the End-URL so I have no idea how to implement this with numbers.

Thanks in advance!
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Fverniers.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #169223 by Deusdeorum
Replied by Deusdeorum on topic How to not link to second survey
If your question is q1 and you randomly give a number 1-12 and only want to pass people that was given a random number between 7 and 12 you can use the end URL with an if statement.

Code:
{if(Q001.NAOK > 6, "http://www.example.com", "")}

This will pass all the people that has a number above 6 to example.com and the rest to the usual ending page.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Deusdeorum.
  • Fverniers
  • Fverniers's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #169251 by Fverniers
Replied by Fverniers on topic How to not link to second survey
It worked!

Thank you very much

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose