Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Give access to somebody to create surveys without access to view other surveys

• LSSSurvey1
  • LSSSurvey1's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #168099 by LSSSurvey1
Hi,
can i give one of my staff access to create survey, without him being able to see the other surveys in the system?
i tried that, but once i gave them access to create survey, they automatically gain access to every survey in the system, even i changed the permissions of the surveys to not include this staff, but still gives him permissions regadless!.. help please if you have any trick.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 11 months ago #168102 by tpartner
Please do not double-post.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • LSSSurvey1
More
5 years 11 months ago #168105 by LSSSurvey1
that means i am disparate for an answer, and i hope that LimeSurvey support see at least one of my questions.
  • Joffm
  • Away
More
5 years 11 months ago #168119 by Joffm
No,
but you asked the same question in section "installation & update".

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • holch
More
5 years 11 months ago #168157 by holch
Just because you are desperate for an answer, it doesn't make sense to double post. This forum is mainly run by volunteers, we do this in our spare time. So even if you are desperately waiting for an answer, you should stay within the netiquete (the good manners of the internet). Because if you fail too often in this regard, there are chances that people are less willing to help you, which would be counter productive.

I can understand that sometimes we are anxious to get an answer, but posting in multiple forums here doesn't help. Most people that respond here frequently will check all forums for new posts, so eventually they will get to yours. Important is to post it in the correct forum, then you most probably will get an answer. How quick that is, depends a little on the availability of others. May 1st was a public holiday in many countries, so there will be less people in the forum. Even with commercial software you might have had trouble to get a response yesterday, depending on where the software is from.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• LSSSurvey1
More
5 years 11 months ago #168160 by LSSSurvey1
holch , i got it, there is also no reason for you to double what tpartner said.. tpartner told me that already and i got it from the first time.. so please you also stop talking about the same issue twice..
  • holch
More
5 years 11 months ago #168161 by holch
Due to your response ("that means i am disparate for an answer, and i hope that LimeSurvey support see at least one of my questions.") I was under the impression you didn't. But great if you got it the first time.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• holch
More
5 years 11 months ago #168163 by holch
By the way: If you are a paying customer of Limesurvey Pro, you can always open a ticket with them. The forum is mainly run by the volunteers.

• LSSSurvey1
More
5 years 11 months ago #168165 by LSSSurvey1
yes i am a paid customer.. thanks for the info holch... i will use the software support if needed next time.
  • holch
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #168166 by holch

yes i am a paid customer.

This explains the situation. Unfortunately there is not a clear separation in support on Limesurvey.org:

--> You as a paying customer have a certain expectation in terms of support (and rightly so)
--> We as volunteers only respond on our own terms and don't want to be pressured (and rightly so)

This creates an awkward situation. Because you feel you are not getting the support you deserve and we feel that someone requests totally unreasonable things from a community support.

Don't get me wrong: The forum posters will also give support to those that have a paid subscription. We do not make a difference. But of course this has to be on our terms. Unfortunately the website doesn't make it very clear. And the volunteers also don't know who is a paying customer (to be able to direct to the support of
Limesurvey GmbH).

I think it would be great if it would be clearer that the forum is (mostly) based on support by volunteers (sometimes there are also LS GmbH employees giving support).

Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by holch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpartner

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose