Renaming uploaded file

Mehr
3 Monate 3 Wochen her #166124 von poojark66
poojark66 erstellte das Thema Renaming uploaded file
Hi everyone,

I want to rename the uploaded files to the survey based on other fields entry.

Keep the file original uploaded name. (secure it by removing specific characters)
Add a naming convention before the file name when storing it.

For example

#1 – The file name is: « Guideline for child and adolescents » and it is the third file uploaded by Italy ;
speaking of topics Reproductive ; Child and Adolescents. The file should be then stored as :
« ITA03R__CA- Guideline for child and adolescents »

I tried searching this topic in the forum but did not get any satisfactory answer

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um an der Konversation teilzunehmen.

Mehr
3 Monate 2 Wochen her #166143 von Joffm
Joffm antwortete auf das Thema: Renaming uploaded file
Hi,

while I do not see any reason in renaming the UPLOADED file, you get in the DOWNLOADED files the anwerID and a key.

See:
https://www.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-this-with-limesurvey/114111-can-i-group-uploaded-files-by-participant-into-individual-folders-in-the-zip

This should be sufficient to add some more information to the filename by merging.

Regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

Mehr
3 Monate 2 Wochen her #166147 von jelo
jelo antwortete auf das Thema: Renaming uploaded file

Joffm schrieb: while I do not see any reason in renaming the UPLOADED file

Reason #1: People are not aware of the renamed files inside the archive.
Reason #2: The files are not downloaded via the LimeSurvey function. Since LS isn't offering any automatic/triggered exporting, there is a need to transport uploaded files via a script.

Applying a file mask and allow to define filenames (not only for uploads but also for downloads), sound like a feature request. When such a systematic name scheme is applied, the storage of the files shouldn't be inside the webroot.

Jetzt loslegen!

Melden Sie sich jetzt an, und erstellen Sie in wenigen Minuten Ihre erste Umfrage.

Account einrichten

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter für alle Neuigkeiten rund um LimeSurvey
captcha