Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can I create a batch of questions at once, differing only by specific words?

• Expert
  • Expert's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #165362 by Expert
Hello! I am Sabina and I work in HR, so please answer in non-PHP words, if possible. :)

I am new to LimeSurvey (we have just acquired the Expert package) and I want to use it to collect answers from employees.

I would like to collect feedback for each individual employee, from his/her colleagues. The criteria is the same, for the same level positions, so the questions are very, very similar. The only way in which I know how to do this, at the moment, is by copying each question and changing only the name of the employee in the text of the question. (I am also using the question logic feature to skip the questions for the employees that a certain survey participant doesn't work with.)

Although I am ok with copying a question 70+ times, for each of the employees, the problem is that whenever I want to edit the question, I also have to do the same thing 70+ times. It is very time-consuming and... boring, to be honest.

This is why I was wondering if there is any more efficient way of doing this? Is there an option of creating "batch questions", by changing only a part of their text? Or a part of the text in the help box? Or some way of "batch editing" similar questions?
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #165365 by jelo

Expert wrote: I would like to collect feedback for each individual employee, from his/her colleagues. The criteria is the same, for the same level positions, so the questions are very, very similar.

LimeSurvey is not capable of doing real 360° feedbacks. Looping (allowing to repeat blocks of questions with different items) is not supported.

If you can arrange your employee in certain groups with same questions (only people names different), you might add theses names to each employee in the participants list. You can add all names there and access these names during the survey. manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_participants
Think of it as a word merge thing.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #165375 by fonte
What about exporting the survey as .txt file?
Then edit it in case of changes with an editor like notepad++.
You can do it with the search and replace function. Reimport it in your survey.
Perhaps you can export it also as an .lss file.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #165378 by holch
There is the mass action plugin, but you probably can not upload it to the SaaS version of LS that you are using and it is also not available for 3.x (yet).
manual.limesurvey.org/MassAction_Plugin

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• ollehar
  • LimeSurvey GmbH Employee
  • LimeSurvey GmbH Employee
More
6 years 1 week ago #165435 by ollehar
Correct, holch. MassAction is not available on SaaS yet (we're working on a solution for this). The best bet is probably to export the survey and edit it in notepad (assuming it's not multilingual).
More
6 years 1 week ago #165440 by jelo

olle wrote: MassAction is not available on SaaS yet

To prevent confusion. It is not available for LS 3 as well, right?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose