Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Drag and drop files for "file upload" question type?

• alexross3
  • alexross3's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #163085 by alexross3
Hi all,

I am piloting a survey right now that requires participants to audio-record their answer and submit for a file upload question type. This involves recording the audio, downloading the audio file, and then uploading the file in order to submit an answer for the question.

The initial feedback I am getting from users is that the process of having to manually search for the audio file in their computer in order to upload it is a bit cumbersome/confusing.

Is there a way to modify the file upload question type so that users have the option to simply click and drag the audio-file they have just downloaded, in order to submit?

Thanks.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 2 months ago #163087 by tpartner
I don't know how that would help - they would still need to navigate to where the file is stored.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • alexross3
  • alexross3's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #163088 by alexross3
Well, the most recently downloaded files appear at the bottom of the user's browser window (see example below). So, if the user could simply click on the most recently downloaded file and then drag it into the upload button, this would eliminate a few steps and having to actually search for the file.

Again, I'm just wondering if it is possible to do this.
  • holch
More
6 years 2 months ago #163089 by holch
I think the bigger issue that they have to download something from the survey and then upload it again in the first place.

Is there no way you can make them record the audio file and save it with their savedid or something on your server? Then later you could bring those two things together and the user experience is probably much better than with the current approach.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 2 months ago #163116 by LouisGac

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose