Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Getting Assessment Results Without Message to User

• kpatch
  • kpatch's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #163063 by kpatch
Hello:

I have created a series of assessments with LimeSurvey V2.6.?. I do not want to give the results to the user. Instead I only want to see the results online. Is there somewhere that I can do that or do I have to review/calculate the score myself?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 2 months ago #163066 by jelo
Assessment scores are not saved in the results, so you need to use e.g. a hidden equation question to calculate and save the score in the results.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • kpatch
More
6 years 2 months ago #163150 by kpatch

jelo wrote: Assessment scores are not saved in the results, so you need to use e.g. a hidden equation question to calculate and save the score in the results.

Jelo:

Thanks for the quick reply and please excuse the tardiness of this counter-reply. Is a "hidden equation question" a question type or is it simply any question that has the "Always hide" attribute set to "On" with the equation embedded somewhere, such as in the relevance field or in the question text field, or somewhere else.

Is there some where I can see an example of how this works?

Many thanks.

Patrick
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 2 months ago #163151 by holch
Both, more or less. ;-)

It is a question of the type "Equation", hidden by "Always hide".

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• tpartner
More
6 years 2 months ago #163169 by tpartner
If you want to manipulate the question (like generating a score), it's recommended to hide it with a CSS Class "hidden" instead of the question setting.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • kpatch
More
6 years 2 months ago #163248 by kpatch

tpartner wrote: If you want to manipulate the question (like generating a score), it's recommended to hide it with a CSS Class "hidden" instead of the question setting.

Thanks Tony. Unfortunately, my coding skills lie in C++ universe/era, so CSS/PHP-based solutions are unavailable for me. I really do appreciate your input.Would you know where I can find a straightforward example of how I can get a total of the scores from all questions in a survey (which I am actually using as an assessment).

Thanks again.

Patrick
  • kpatch
More
6 years 2 months ago #163257 by kpatch
Progress!! I have the results displaying in a/the end message. It is preferable that the user not see the result. It would be better if the {TOTAL} were sent in the result email to admin.

Is it possible to put {TOTAL} in the body of a hidden question?

Thanks.
  • tpartner
More
6 years 2 months ago #163262 by tpartner
As previously stated, {TOTAL} is not loaded into the data so you need to create your own "score" in an equation type question.

In the attached survey, I have 3 list-radio questions with answer codes 1-5.

Those are followed by an equation question with code "score". In that equation question I load a score like this:

Code:
{sum(Q1, Q2, Q3)}

This question is hidden with a CSS class (you don't need CSS skills for that) - see screenshot below.

Then, you can simply use this placeholder in the email template to include the score:

Code:
{score}

Sample survey attached:

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...1-30.lss
File Size:36 KB

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • kpatch
More
6 years 2 months ago #163328 by kpatch
Tony:

Thank you so much for this. I'm wondering about follow-on issues:
- You don't seem to have enabled Assessment Mode.
- the calculated value is nowhere to be seen in the responses, at least as far as I could see
- I noticed in a forum post that the equation should be: {sum(q1.value,q2.value,q3.value)}

Also, I have been using V2.6.x. There seems to be a substantial difference between the Equation question types in versions 2.x and 3.x .

Your thoughts...?

Patrick
More
6 years 2 months ago #163346 by jelo

I noticed in a forum post that the equation should be: {sum(q1.value,q2.value,q3.value)}

To get a overview over the different suffixes when accessing data from variables, you can check this table.
manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager#Access_to_Variables

Value is the assessment value. But Tony seems to use answer-codes for calculation. So no need to use the assessment mode.

kpatch wrote: There seems to be a substantial difference between the Equation question types in versions 2.x and 3.x .

I'm not aware of substantial differences. Why do you come to this conclusion?

The value of the equation question should be saved in the responses.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpartner

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose