Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can LimeSurvey display exported then imported (analyzed) data automatically?

• Asbjorne
  • Asbjorne's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #156987 by Asbjorne
I'm wanting to create an online screening tool for people to test whether or not they are suffering a personality disorder and seek help if so. I would like them to be able to go onto my website, fill in an online questionnaire, then 'submit' and they then get their result as to what (if anything) they suffer, immediately on the screen.

To work out whether they are likely sufferers, I need to ask around 60 questions (True or False ones). Answering True to most questions represents them fulfilling a specific criterion for a specific disorder, though all the personality disorders need a few criteria met before they are likely to be sufferers. Some False questions result in a 'positive' result, so that would have to be coded in for.

So my dilemma is I don't know whether LimeSurvey can fulfil the needs of my project, particularly whether it can do its own number-crunching and provide a results output, or whether the results after they 'submit' the survey would have to be exported to something like Excel or OpenOffice for the number-crunching to happen. If the latter was the case, can LimeSurvey import that crunched data automatically and give the user an immediate output so they know whether they suffer something or not?

I'd very much appreciate help on this and please know it's to help other people get healthcare if they need it.
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 8 months ago #156988 by Joffm
Hi, Asbjorne,
to calculate your results there is the mighty Expression Manager.
Please read the manual : manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager .

Also go through the sample surveys in this chapter. Everywhere you will find something helpful.

In your case you can calculate the results and display them after the respondent answered the last question.

The small problem is that it is possible that the respondent reads his results and does not submit the questionnaire.
But as far as I understand, your tool is to give help to them and not mainly to get and save their data.

Best regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
The following user(s) said Thank You: Asbjorne
  • Asbjorne
More
6 years 8 months ago #156989 by Asbjorne
Thanks Joffm; I'll look up the Expression Manager. I'm aware of the manual but am a busy NHS consultant and was hoping the online forum could direct me to the relevant section, though I do appreciate I probably need a reasonable understanding of the whole package to make heads or tails of any response I might get.

My plan was that I could forward them onto a more complex and detailed questionnaire if this simple screening one showed them up as likely sufferers, so it would be good if they did submit the survey. I'll check out the functionality.

best wishes,
More
6 years 8 months ago #156990 by Ben_V
Hi, Asbjorne,

you don't have necessary to record the answers if you just want to provide an assessment tool. For example the following online calc is in fact an inactivated survey (with printable report table hand coded & placed in the "complete" message...):
www.pmidcalc.org/6630688

If you rather want to record the anwers, an easy way to display a report is to allow "participants may print their answers" and automatically redirect the respondant to this printable view after submit (see manual "end url redirect")

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
  • Asbjorne
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #156991 by Asbjorne
I think I just need to hire one of you guys! :blush:
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Asbjorne.
More
6 years 8 months ago #156992 by Ben_V
If it may helps you, I can send you the .lss file for cited MHI tool... so you may be able to reimport it into your installation and look inside to understand how this works. Just sends me a DM with your e-mail address if interested,, ;)

Benoît

More
6 years 8 months ago #156993 by Ben_V

Benoît

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose