Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Array question type with Time as input

• Tamara28
  • Tamara28's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #151160 by Tamara28
Array question type with Time as input was created by Tamara28
Please advise how can I have an array whose input should allow user to enter time with AM or PM
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #151164 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Array question type with Time as input
There is no question type to do that out of the box, at least not with validation.
Here a few options you can use, but might need custom validation:
Array - text: respondents would write their time freely. Either you restrict the input via regex, but you need to explain the format very detailed to them, which is not ideal, or you let them write the time as free text and then need to check on the format and "normalize" it when analyzing (quite a bit of work probably).
Array - numbers with dropdown mode: If you don't need every minute of the day but go in hourly, half hour or 15min steps you could use an array number question with dropdown mode and give them the options: 09:00am, 10:00am, ..., 11:00pm, etc.

However, this question has nothing to do with "installation and update issues", which is why I will move it to the "can I do this with Limesurvey" forum.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #151168 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Array question type with Time as input
Not available out of box with LimeSurvey. Perhaps someone knows a workaround. I'm not aware of one right now.
What version/build of LimeSurvey is used?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose