Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Email response when survey expires

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #150042 by nppbc
Email response when survey expires was created by nppbc
Is it possible to auto-email the responses (total) once a survey expires?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #150043 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Email response when survey expires
You want to send the results to the respondents, one a survey has finished/expired. Is this what you want to do?

This is not a feature of Limesurvey. Maybe you can create a plugin to do something like this, but I am not an expert on this.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #150046 by nppbc
Replied by nppbc on topic Email response when survey expires
Kinda, sorta. Admin of the survey would receive the finished results of the recently expired survey. Unless I've overlooked it, the only way to view the results is to log in to the survey. If one had multiple surveys running with different expirations, it would make it difficult to keep up with, thus the finalized then emailed report would come in handy.
  • holch
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #150049 by holch
This sounds weird to me. Does the person responsible for the survey not check on their survey on a regular basis? Sounds like common practice to check on a survey that is in field in certain intervalls, e.g. every morning, if things are running smoothly. So I don't see the problem.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #150050 by nppbc
Why should they have to check on it unless LimeSurvey isn't dependable? All I am after is that once the survey is over/expired an email is sent to the admin or the person needing the finalized results. Or another possible option is an email that is sent to the admin or the person needing the results stating that the survey has ended.
  • holch
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #150051 by holch
Well, we might have very, very different ideas of how to organize this. We even check on a regular basis when using one of the market leaders of professional survey software with costs of 5 figure EURO amounts per year. Response rate, number of total interviews, quota fullfillment, dropouts, etc. are all things that I would check on a regular basis. This has nothing to do with the tool itself, but rather with the survey. But anyway, let's not get into detail here.

In Limesurvey you can receive an email for every response that comes in. However, this doesn't help you much. There is no other option of receiving an email based on the survey status. Thus I had recommended to look into the option of creating a plugin to send an email when the survey "ends".

Now we need to define when a survey ends. And if I read your first post right, you define the end of the survey by when it expires, correct? This date should be known to the responsible.
Quick solution: add a reminder to the calender that survey XYZ ends on that day.

Further solution: look into the possibility of creating a plugin that sends reminder emails once a survey has expired. Or work on the LS core and make a pull request to see if it will be implemented into the core.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #150052 by nppbc
Thank you for your reply. Usually for us, I create the survey and send out the message that it needs to be taken. I will then go back out and see how many have taken it and send a reminder. These emails are not from within LS but thru a third party multi-communication (text, email & phone) company that we use.
We may have up to three various surveys running at one time for various reasons. I can't keep up with them at times. Plus, these surveys I create usually do not apply to me.
I've just been asked many times if there was a way that they would notify the admin of the survey once the survey had ended.
I am not a programmer at all so the only option is like you've said, note the end time and check the results.
Thanks again!
  • holch
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #150055 by holch
I don't know how much of time something like this would consume a developer. But if it saves you and your colleagues time in your workflow, you might want to ask for a cost proposal from one of the developers to implement this either as a Limesurvey feature or as a plugin. For plugins Denis here on the forum seems to be the most experienced one. extensions.sondages.pro/
I have no idea of costs for something like this, but if it saves you a few hours per month, it might be worth it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #150065 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Email response when survey expires
Cron job, then a cron plugin.

Have exemple here framagit.org/SondagePro-LimeSurvey-plugin/sendMailCron of usage of cron event ( manual.limesurvey.org/Cron ) .

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose