Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

measure reaction time resp. time spent on one page

• Heidi123
  • Heidi123's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #146111 by Heidi123
Hello,

I want to measure the time, people need to answer a question. I read that limesurvey would recort the time when people activate each page of the survey and this way you could get the time they spent on one page. So I created a test survey to see how this works and sadly it didnt work... Now I wonder if you could help?
I activated "save timings" at the gerneral settings (see Picture1, but it is in German), I created a survey with 3 Questions, each on an individual page. Than I activated it, filled it in and exported the data to spss (see Picture2). Sadly I can not find variables for the timings. variables 7-9 are the answers to the three questions and I do not really know what the rest means.

Would be great if someone could help.

Thank you!
Heidi

Hallo,

ich möchte die Reaktionszeit messen, die zum Beantworten einer Frage benötigt wird. Ich habe gelesen, dass Limesurvey die Zeiten speichert, wann eine Seite aufgerufen wird und man dadurch die Zeit berechnen kann, die auf einer jeweiligen Seite verbacht wurde. Also habe ich eine Test-Umfrage erstellt, aber es scheint leider nicht zu funktionieren... Vielleicht kann mir jemand helfen?
Ich habe unter Allgemeinen Einstellungen "Speichere Timings" aktiviert (s. Picture1) und die Umfrage mit drei Fragen, jeweils auf einer einzelnen Seite, erstellt, aktiviert, ausgefüllt und die Daten in SPSS exportiert.(s. Picture2) Leider finde ich in dem Datensatz keine gespeicherten Zeiten. Die Variablen 7-9 sind die Antworten auf die 3 Fragen und den Rest kann ich nicht wirklich deuten.

Es wäre toll, wenn mir jemand helfen könnte.

Schonmal vielen Dank!

Heidi
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 4 months ago #146115 by jelo
Which LimeSurvey version/build is used?
The timings are NOT directly available in the SPSS export.
Which is quite confusing.

So take a look at the export section where you can export results into file-formats like CSV or Excel.
There are variables for timings available.

BTW: Your SPSS import script seems to be incomplete. The variable names are usually renamed from V1--VNN into your chosen variable names.
www.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-this-w...tion-timings-to-spss

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • Heidi123
  • Heidi123's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #146124 by Heidi123
Thak you! I will try it.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose