Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

A step into Limesurvey's code

• Sumeet64Singh
  • Sumeet64Singh's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #144284 by Sumeet64Singh
A step into Limesurvey's code was created by Sumeet64Singh
Hey there. My second post here.
Whats the location of the code where the Limesurvey fires an email whenever a new response is submitted?
Actually our website has Limesurvey's code embedded in it. We have our own question answering interface but we use LS for storing the questions and their responses.
What we look forward to is getting that email in our admin inbox which should include the responses but it does not come even after making changes to the settings(Notifications and management one I guess) where you enter the email ids of the recipient.
Your opinions are welcomed. Answer to the first part only would help me a lot.
And if you want the credentials to our small little website, I'll be sure to assist you!
Thanks in advance
Sumeet :)
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 5 months ago #144294 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic A step into Limesurvey's code
Is your LimeSurvey capable of sending emails at all? For example, are mails sent when creating new admin users?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • Sumeet64Singh
  • Sumeet64Singh's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #144299 by Sumeet64Singh
Replied by Sumeet64Singh on topic A step into Limesurvey's code
Yes the mails work properly. For example, when we make a survey in Limesurvey itself, the email ids which are put in the "Send detailed admin notification email to:" column receive the email when ever a new response is submitted.
But when we make the survey on our website, it is displayed in LS and the responses too are displayed.
The emails are sent whenever a new user signs up or when a survey invitation is sent.
I was hoping to figure out LS's code which it uses to send the email(survey answers by the respondent) and do something similar. Or maybe define a default email address and an email is sent whenever the final SUBMIT button is clicked; putting the code on that page itself.
I hope I made it a bit clear!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose