Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Limesurvey hosted by university: adding extra survey administrator

• sarakenne
  • sarakenne's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #142328 by sarakenne
Hi,
I'm working on a Limesurvey application which is hosted on my university's server and accessible through my account on the university's My(University) portal, which requires a username verified by the university and a password. This portal gives access to all kinds of information related to my work and students. I would like to have another member of the university help to design and administer a survey, but can't figure out a way to add an administrator. As far as I can tell, my only option is to allow this person access to my portal account so that the survey can be accessed. I can change the email, name, and password associated with the survey administrator, but I can't change the username which is tied to the portal. I have asked the university's information technology unit for help with this but have been referred to limesurvey.org, as the university is not willing to provide assistance with this. Any suggestions?
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 6 months ago #142332 by jelo
Which version/build of LimeSurvey is used? Look at the bottom of the screen when logged in.
If you are the administrator of a LimeSurvey installation you will be able to add users on you're own.
manual.limesurvey.org/Manage_users (You might use an older version of LimeSurvey).
But it sounds like the authentication is done via different service maintained by the university.
That can mean there are restrictions.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose