Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Automatically deactivate survey when a certain number of participants is met

• dgiacometti
  • dgiacometti's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #137518 by dgiacometti
Is it possible to automatically deactivate the survey when it reaches the number of 250 participants?
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 9 months ago #137521 by Ben_V
Hi,
you can use quotas ... this won't desactivate the survey but stop collecting more responses

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 9 months ago #137558 by holch
Unfortunately this feature doesn't exist out of the box.

What you can do is use quotas, as Ben suggests. But it is not that simple. Because I assume you want to close the survey when you reach, let's say n=1000 cases.

Now you would need to apply a quota to a question to identify if you have already 1000 responses over all.

At the moment I can just imagine one option: A hidden question with exactly 1 answer that is triggered by some expression or javascript for ANY given answer in the first question.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• tpartner
  • Away
More
7 years 9 months ago #137567 by tpartner

At the moment I can just imagine one option: A hidden question with exactly 1 answer that is triggered by some expression or javascript for ANY given answer in the first question.

You should be able to handle that with the default answer setting on a list-radio question.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • holch
More
7 years 9 months ago #137570 by holch
Sounds reasonable. This is probably the currently the simples solutions to close a survey based on the number of total responses completed.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• DenisChenu
More
7 years 9 months ago #137589 by DenisChenu
For "quota" withour real answer : i really think we must test the Yes/No question : this question type accept default value by Expression.

Seems the simpliest solution :
- only one question (no A single choice + Equation)
- Each Y/N question can have own quota : more clear in quota listing
- Really logic and understandable

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • tpartner
  • Away
More
7 years 9 months ago #137603 by tpartner
Why not a list-radio with a single answer option set by default as I suggested? Is that not the same as your suggestion?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • holch
More
7 years 9 months ago #137617 by holch
I agree with Tpartner. A list-radio with only one answer option, which is set as default, and the whole thing hidden as the first question looks as the simplest approach to me to have a cut at a certain amount of total interviews.

Denis, your solution sounds a more work/complicated than the solution from Tpartner, or do I miss something?

• DenisChenu
More
7 years 9 months ago #137628 by DenisChenu
Hi,

Here : a liots radio is OK, but i thinking more for other option : example :

We want a restriction on M less than 18.
Use a Yes/No question with default value set to {if(Age<18 and Gender=="M","Y","N")}

Thisnk it's more easy. I have to make a demo survey and send it to the wiki somewhere (quota + EM + YN question)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • holch
More
7 years 9 months ago #137632 by holch
I agree, for your example this is a good option.

But for a global limit like requested here (close survey when a total of n=250 completes is reached) the solution proposed by Tpartner seems like the best and simplest solution.

However, your solution is a great example on how to create more complicated quotas. I very much like that idea when quotas are complex and involve different questions. Hiding the question in the advanced settings should still allow this default value to be triggered, right?

• tpartner
  • Away
More
7 years 9 months ago #137633 by tpartner
Yes, if you want more complex quota requirements, your solution is the way to go. My solution is for a basic maximum number of participants as the OP requested.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

The following user(s) said Thank You: dave1912
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 9 months ago #137660 by DenisChenu
Sorry, it's the bad topic. In fact , i just want discussion with holch and tpartner :).

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose