Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Receive Email Notification from URL survey not token

More
7 years 10 months ago #136855 by paki
On a URL based survey (not email token one), I entered the correct email address for both the Admin Email and the "Send basic admin notification email to:" and "Send detail admin notification email to:". Then I added the SMTP server info on the Global Settings->Email Settings, including selecting "SMTP Debug mode= Always" to make sure that I can troubleshoot any email issues.

No email are send out and no SMTP debug info generated. Tried to use the PHPmailer instead, same thing. No emails.

Is that feature supported in the URL surveys?

The install is the latest build: 2.5 build160526
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 10 months ago #136868 by DenisChenu
Hi,

The debug mail system show info when yuou send mail with admin token GUI : just do a test here.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
7 years 10 months ago #136927 by paki
Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately that it not what we are trying to do.

Using the PHPmailer with tokens works, but we are trying to have a public URL survey, where the admin of the survey is notified after each new completed submission, either in summery or preferably in detail.

IF the only way to get notifications is for the survey to be a token-based one, is there a way to have a token AND leave it as an open URL? Right now it converts it to a close one, if the token is activated.
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 10 months ago #136929 by DenisChenu
It's to test if your email system work or not :)

You use a fixed email in admin notification ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
More
7 years 10 months ago #136930 by paki
The email system is working with the token. We receive the submitter's response and the admin notifications. The admin email is a fixed email.

But when it's a public URL survey (token not enabled), there doesn't seem to be any notifications send out when the visitor hits Submit.

Is the email notification functionality available only for token-based surveys, not public ones?
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 10 months ago #136931 by DenisChenu
No,

Admin email notification must work with or withoyt token (it was the case in 2.06) maybe a bug in 2.50 : you have the lmast version : you can make a bug report .

Denis

More
7 years 10 months ago #136932 by paki
Thanks for the quick reply Dennis.

I will test a brand new simple public URL survey from scratch (no tokens) and see if the latest upgrade 160526 resolves it. If not, I will submit a bug report.
More
7 years 10 months ago #136933 by paki
It worked on a brand new public URL survey :cheer:

Looks like it was fixed in the latest release. I will recreate the surveys.

Thanks for your help.

-paki

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose