Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

actions based on certain answers

More
8 years 1 week ago #133984 by gert
actions based on certain answers was created by gert
Hi
I need to couple certain 'actions' based on the answer the respondent gives.
E.g.
  • sending a mail
  • doing an update in the database on the respondent's dossier
Is this features suppored by LimeSurvey?

Thanks in advance for your answer
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 1 week ago #133989 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic actions based on certain answers
No, that is not available out of the box. Perhaps users can provide workarounds.

What survey tools with these triggers are you used to? What were you using?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
More
8 years 1 week ago #133993 by coeneisma
Replied by coeneisma on topic actions based on certain answers
Sending e-mail based on answers given IS possible out of the box,as in the Send To field EM-code can be used.
More
8 years 1 week ago #133995 by jelo

coeneisma wrote: Sending e-mail based on answers given IS possible out of the box,as in the Send To field EM-code can be used.

Any link to the documentation or an example? Never seen individual emails send based on answers.
Or the

We aren't talking about sending results of the survey via email, right?

Let's say I want to send 50% of my respondents an PDF via email and 50% of my respondents an email with a different content.
How will that work with just using EM?

More
8 years 1 week ago #134005 by gert
Replied by gert on topic actions based on certain answers

jelo wrote: What survey tools with these triggers are you used to? What were you using?

E.g.: SurveyMonkey, among others.
The mail is sent to 1 address though (e.g.: creator of the survey), sms is also possible I think (depends on the vendor)
I'm looking for a more generic 'event-model' where the action can be defined by the creator of the survey
More
8 years 1 week ago #134006 by coeneisma
Example use of EM to send e-mail when, for example, question1 is answered with 'Y', just put in the Send To box under the Notification & data management tab
Code:
{if(question1=='Y','admin@email.com','')},

Or, when an e-mail is given in question2, send it to that adres:
Code:
{if(question1=='Y',question2,'')},
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, gert
More
8 years 1 week ago #134008 by jelo
Where do you define the email content? E.g. attachment PDF or individual content.
Notification and data management tab will just sent notifications, right?
Send basic admin notification email to: / Send detailed admin notification email to:

When reading Gert's request, I though about individual mails (e.g. in SurveyGizmo help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/send-email-action ) to every respondent, which triggers the EM conditions.

More
8 years 1 week ago #134020 by coeneisma
Ok, didn't get that the e-mail had to be send at the moment an answer is given (although in most cases it won't matter of it is send at the moment an answer is given or at the end of the survey, does it?).

Also, never read anywhere that Gert wanted PDF to be send with e-mail. There are some discussions about this subject on the forum, but no out-of-the-box sollutions.

Regarding the personalised email; the send basic admin notification email to: / Send detailed admin notification email to can be used to personalised/individual content, as one can use EM-code in the send to as well as in the email body, so this gives you all the freedom to personalise the e-mail as much as you want to.
More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #134024 by jelo

coeneisma wrote: Also, never read anywhere that Gert wanted PDF to be send with e-mail.

That right. That was added by me.

coeneisma wrote: personalised/individual content, as one can use EM-code in the send to as well as in the email body, so this gives you all the freedom to personalise the e-mail as much as you want to.

Ok, the email content is available under "Edit email templates". Haven't used notifications for a long time. Wasn't aware that templates are available. Looks like a good workaround for individual trigger email action. No a complete replacement, but should be working for gert.

BTW: When I look at the email template screens there is a attachment dialog at the bottom (at least in LS 2.5 demo).

Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by jelo.
More
8 years 1 week ago #134060 by gert

coeneisma wrote: it won't matter if it is send at the end of the survey, does it?)

Correct, the mail can be sent at the end of the survey
Is there a way to launch a query (in this project to update the respondent's medical file)?
More
8 years 1 week ago #134071 by jelo

gert wrote:

coeneisma wrote: Is there a way to launch a query (in this project to update the respondent's medical file)?

You want Limesurvey to have direct access to the medical file of a respondent? In which country is the project based?

More
8 years 1 week ago #134078 by gert
The legal aspect is under investagation.
Fact is that we have a business process around surveys. This process will be implemented therefor we need a way to communicate with LimeSurvey concerning certain answers or certain statusses of a survey which invoke certain business events.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose