Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Show "A note on privacy" every time

More
8 years 1 month ago #130495 by stbc
Hi everybody,

we are running Version 2.06+ of LS and it came to my attention that the privacy message is only shown if the survey settings are switched to anonymous mode. When the survey is running in not anonymized mode, the message is not shown. Is that the correct behaviour? I would like to see the message no matter what I choosed... I find this behavior quite odd, as the user would expect the opposite
The following user(s) said Thank You: halliballi123
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 1 month ago #130498 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Show "A note on privacy" every time
If a survey is set anonymous : we show "This survey is anonymous ...."
If a survey is set NOT anonymous : we DON'T show "This survey is anonymous ...."

Desired behaviour and really not strange ....

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
8 years 1 month ago #130501 by stbc
Replied by stbc on topic Show "A note on privacy" every time
Depends ;)

From the users point of view, it can be quite misleading. If you never had contact with Limesurvey you are not used to that behavior. So you can not conclude that "No message" means "No privacy". I would love to see that configurable. :D
More
8 years 1 month ago #130502 by Ben_V
Replied by Ben_V on topic Show "A note on privacy" every time

I would love to see that configurable

You can edit the privacy.pstpl file of your template, use the welcome message textarea of the survey, write your own privacy note in the footer, etc.

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 1 month ago #130503 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Show "A note on privacy" every time

stbc wrote: .....I would love to see that configurable. :D

We CAN NOT show :
1 : "This survey is anonymous ..." if survey is not anonymous
2 : with not anonymous : MAYBE you don't have token and don't ask name etc .... Thne we can not put a default string from LS core.

And is we put : this survey is not anonymous : i'm sure a lot of user make a bug report .....

You can easily add what you want on Survey descrition and/or survey welcome page .

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
8 years 1 month ago #130508 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Show "A note on privacy" every time
I agree with Denis: The privacy message is contains information, that might not be true if the survey is not set to anonymous. Therefore this text can not be shown.

If you want to display your own privacy message, this is no problem. Just include it into the welcome text.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #168424 by halliballi123
Replied by halliballi123 on topic Show "A note on privacy" every time
Since laws changed in the last years, are there any plans to change this odd behaviour?

I think some users need to have the privacy statement shown in every case (DSVGO) not only if the survey is anonymous.

The option to place the text in the welcome page is not a good idea since the creator of a survey has the option to show or not to show that page.

Or is there an option to remove this option from the limesurvey settings?

thanks
halli

btw: why am a fresh lemon user again?
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by halliballi123.
  • Joffm
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #168427 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Show "A note on privacy" every time
Hi,
which "odd" behaviour?

In 3.x you have the opportunity to enter your own privacy messages (anonymous or not, open or closed)
This way

or this way

the creator of a survey has the option to show or not to show that page.

Yes, he can. But this his very own responsibility. And anybody should be aware of it.
And of course you might use LS for surveys where you do not need neither a privacy message nor a welcome page.

Joffm

btw: why am a fresh lemon user again?

Were there more than 14 posts since 2012?

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Joffm.
More
5 years 10 months ago #168430 by halliballi123
Thank you for your quick reply.

1 ) I did not know that there is a 3. version of limesurvey, thank you

2 ) that's right but our boss does not trust into users ...

3 ) no but we donated some money, and my user was twice "donater" or whatever the avatar or status is called and than back again "fresh lemon" and I don't know why
  • holch
More
5 years 10 months ago #168441 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Show "A note on privacy" every time
The privacy message is only shown on anonymous surveys, because of it's content. It refers to the survey being anonymous and you can't show that if your survey is not anonymous. This is why also in the future the privacy message (which is rather a "anonymous" message) will probably not be shown automatically. And actually, I think this should be totally up to the creator of a survey anyway. I would rather be able to create my own messages for each survey, which is why I generally hide the welcome page anyway and create my own "welcome page" via text display questions.

And: The law has changed in Europe, but for me for example the changes are pretty irrelevant. Do you really force me and my users to have a forced privacy message which is completely irrelevant for us?

So: Train the users, tell them what the risks/fines are. Usually everyone who is able to create a survey should be able to understand things. This is rather an issue of creating the correct internal processes, rather than anything else. And about "forgetting": Create checklists, etc. Anyway, good practice is to let at least one other person check your survey before you start. This should cover it.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
5 years 10 months ago #168443 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Show "A note on privacy" every time

halliballi123 wrote: 3 ) no but we donated some money, and my user was twice "donater" or whatever the avatar or status is called and than back again "fresh lemon" and I don't know why

The donation status is valid for 12 months. After that you get the status shown based on your amount of posts.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
More
5 years 10 months ago #168444 by halliballi123
Sorry but this is a quite egoistic point of view. (You also have different date or time format and therefore there's an option for that implemented) I don't want to force anyone ... ... In my opinion it is better to have an option in the survey to tell the survey to show the privacy message or not. Like it is for the welcome page.

Especially if you consider that laws concerning the privacy statement are different from country to country it would be better to make this configurable.

It's not about training it's about convenience and redundancy. Why should every user have to add the privacy statement on a custom page with some textfields on it if it is the same text everytime? This would be like using word without document templates.

anyhow ... Joffm wrote that there is the option in LimeSurvey 3.x for that. If that is true our discussion is obsolete ...

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose