Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Specific rules / logic

• paulieC123
  • paulieC123's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 12 hours ago #119260 by paulieC123
Specific rules / logic was created by paulieC123
I have created a basic survey and added a couple of logic/rules (i.e. ‘go to question 1b if they answer question 1a is ‘yes’), however, I am having trouble trying to set up the following (and not sure it’s possible on LimeSurvey):

• Remove all ‘no answer’ responses which have appeared i.e. Yes, No, No answer
• With the Yes/No answer I want to open an opportunity to comment only when they click 'Yes' and if 'No' just move on (is the only way to do this by creating a new question that you set to open if 'Yes' is answered or can you add a rule to open a comment box?)
• On a rating scale if the answer is 6 or above it links to another question - can this be done?
• Add a comment to appear if they click a response i.e. Please choose all that apply: Facebook (if they click this it shows a comment ‘Have you visited xyz Facebook page?’, Twitter (if selected ‘Follow us on Twitter @xyz’)

Thanks I would be grateful for help with any of the above

PaulieC
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 11 hours ago #119261 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Specific rules / logic
1) Remove all ‘no answer’ responses which have appeared i.e. Yes, No, No answer
- Survey settings --> Presentation & navigation --> Show "No answer" = "Yes"

2) With the Yes/No answer I want to open an opportunity to comment only when they click 'Yes' and if 'No' just move on (is the only way to do this by creating a new question that you set to open if 'Yes' is answered or can you add a rule to open a comment box?)
- Correct, you will need to add the comment questions after the list-radio and hide/show them with conditions or relevance.

3) On a rating scale if the answer is 6 or above it links to another question - can this be done?
- Assuming you're referring to an array question, yes, you can also use conditions or relevance to hide/show subsequent questions depending onthe array answers.

4) Add a comment to appear if they click a response i.e. Please choose all that apply: Facebook (if they click this it shows a comment ‘Have you visited xyz Facebook page?’, Twitter (if selected ‘Follow us on Twitter @xyz’)
- Insert following text-display questions and hide/show them with conditions or relevance.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: paulieC123
  • paulieC123
More
9 years 11 hours ago #119262 by paulieC123
Replied by paulieC123 on topic Specific rules / logic
Thank you for this...hit a snag immediately that it says that Show 'No answer' On (forced by system administrator) ...i am the only admin on the account? strange!
  • paulieC123
More
9 years 11 hours ago #119263 by paulieC123
I have now found this in Global settings
thanks again
  • paulieC123
More
9 years 10 hours ago #119264 by paulieC123
This response is great i have added all of the above, however, some issues encountered as follows - can anyone help please?

1. when an answer is selected that has a rule applied the response generated question doesnt appear until at the end of that section of the survey, making it out of context i.e. Question 1 Do you use xyz - Yes - moves to question 2 rather than question 1.1
2. this is the same problem when in array
3. again a similar problem when they select Twitter the text display doesnt open until the end of the group but should immediatly show one the Twitter response selected (within the same question) - not sure what i want is possible in this case?

Thanks
  • tpartner
More
9 years 9 hours ago #119268 by tpartner
Is this not simply a matter of repositioning the conditional questions?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • paulieC123
More
9 years 9 hours ago #119270 by paulieC123
I thought so but it doesnt allow the option of where the question is positioned now ... see attached
Attachments:
  • tpartner
More
9 years 8 hours ago #119271 by tpartner
Please refer to the manual - Change question order - manual.limesurvey.org/Change_question_order

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose