Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Version 3.21.6 to 4.1.15 issues

• bulgin
  • bulgin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 11 months ago #196360 by bulgin
Version 3.21.6 to 4.1.15 issues was created by bulgin
As a general rule, should there be plugin compatibility issues between a plugin developed in 3.21.6 when migrating to 4.1.15?

I've a plugin developed for 3.21.6 that I *think* may be causing issues with 4.1.15 - when clicking on the "Simple Plugins" link the mouse pointer wheel just keeps spinning without any progress. I have to exit and re-login to get back to normal in the 4.1.15 version.

Configuration | Plugin Manager | Install Zip imports with the message compatible.

But viewing Simple Plugins freezes the screen.

Then when clicking "Scan Files" under Plugin Manager, continues to show the name of the custom plugin and clicking delete files does nothing. I've checked the system folders and files and there is no trace of the custom plugin.php file anywhere as I have to delete them to stop the freeze, yet the name of this plugin still shows up in Scan Files link.

Thank you.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 11 months ago #196368 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Version 3.21.6 to 4.1.15 issues

As a general rule, should there be plugin compatibility issues between a plugin developed in 3.21.6 when migrating to 4.1.15?

1. config.xml : easy
2. i10ln table : complex
3. Specific (for example question attribute by plugins) : still broken (bug rerported)
4. Other .... must be listed...

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose