Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Login screen not appearing

• sremick
  • sremick's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #179051 by sremick
Login screen not appearing was created by sremick
New user, be gentle!

Installed v3.15.6+190108 (self-hosting), got everything set up ok. Created new survey, seems to be working (people are responding), have a lot to learn (LS might be more of a tool than I need but I like the idea of hosting my own vs. using Google Forms). I sort of feel like I'm using a Boeing 777 to go down the street to get milk but I want to give it time to get familiar with it in the hopes I can wrap my head around things and learn to do the limited basic subset of tasks to fulfill my needs.

However, when I went to another computer, I found I couldn't log in. No error, but neither the / root path or /admin/ would provide any sort of login link/box/prompt/etc. In fact, /admin/ looked identical to /.

I did some searching and found this post from 6+ years ago which is related to IIS (which I'm not using) but suggested in that case to use
Code:
index.php?r=admin
which worked and I was able to get in. But I'm wondering what might be going on, since I'm not using IIS this can't be the "known IIS issue".

Details:
LimeSurvey 3.15.6+190108
PHP 7.2.7
MariaDB 10.1.37
LiteSpeed 5.3.5
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 3 months ago #179072 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Login screen not appearing
Did you try /admin/admin.php ? It must be a simple redirect.

Else : index.php?r=admin mean you are on nginx or similar web server (not apache)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • sremick
  • sremick's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #179079 by sremick
Replied by sremick on topic Login screen not appearing
/admin/admin.php does work, it redirects me to: /index.php?r=admin/authentication/sa/login
That brings up a login window. Same as: /index.php?r=admin

But /admin/ brings up the same landing page as / , without any box/link/etc for logging in.

As stated in my first post, I am indeed using (well, my webhost is using) a non-Apache webserver (LiteSpeed).

Is there anything that can be done to resolve this so that the behavior works as-intended?
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
More
5 years 3 months ago #179098 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Login screen not appearing
Strange : i don't understand why it don't read index.php :
github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/tree/master/admin

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose