Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Ability for admin to login-as user

• frisket
  • frisket's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #158950 by frisket
Ability for admin to login-as user was created by frisket
I have seen this in other systems: the admin can click on a button beside any regular user in the list of users, and that logs in a new job as that user. This can be used to test or examine settings and surveys with just the privileges that the user has, not with those of the admin. When you click on logout, you get returned to the admin job you had before. Can this be added to the list of features?
The topic has been locked.
  • frisket
More
5 years 10 months ago #169225 by frisket
Replied by frisket on topic Ability for admin to login-as user
Very interesting, thank you. Please excuse my poor English — a few queries: (a) when you say "on my screen" — what page (URI) is that? (b) when you say "on an org" and "newer orgs" — what's an "org" in this context?..."organisation" doesn't seem to make sense here; (c) who are SFDC support? When I Google that it goes to Salesforce.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 10 months ago #169237 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Ability for admin to login-as user
Hi Frisket, the post that you were responding to is gone, because the respondent had made spam comments under other posts. Most probably yours was also just a dummy text put here, so later they could insert spam links. I don't think you were asking anything about Salesforce, so there you have it. A none sense post, just to check if it is deleted or not and then later they come back and insert the spam links. Far more difficult to detect by us, but we caught them. ;-)

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• frisket
More
5 years 10 months ago #169243 by frisket
Replied by frisket on topic Ability for admin to login-as user
Makes sense (more than their post did :-). Thanks for catching it.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose