Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

LimeStore purchase models

• ollehar
  • ollehar's Avatar Topic Author
  • LimeSurvey GmbH Employee
More
4 years 9 months ago #186676 by ollehar
LimeStore purchase models was created by ollehar
Hi,

I'd like some feedback on possible purchase models and support on LimeStore.

We want to support:

* One-off payments
* Subscriptions

An open question is which version of an extension the customer buys, and how long bug fixes will be supplied.

Examples:

Customer buys extension EX 1.0.0 with one-off payment. EX 1.0.1 is released, customer can download it on the extension library page on limesurvey. EX 2.0.0 is released, customer can or cannot download it? If it contains lots of new functionality, maybe it's better created as a new extension called SUPEREX or similar.

Customer subscribes to EX 1.0.0. Bug fix 1.0.1 is released. The customer can download it. After subscription is expired, customer will not (or?) be able to download further bug fixes like 1.0.2 etc.

Any comments or preferences?
The topic has been locked.
  • ollehar
More
4 years 9 months ago #186677 by ollehar
Replied by ollehar on topic LimeStore purchase models
Ping @Mazi and @DenisChenu or @shnoulle
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 9 months ago #186680 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic LimeStore purchase models
No real opinion …

I don't want to sell subscription (Licence), because all my plugins still free by like a speech.

But there are subscription for automatic update, and with subscription came support …

In my opinion : it must be near LimeSurvey subscription system : autoupdate do 2.X and 3.X and future 4.X or 5.X : plugins muts follow the same system …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • ollehar
More
4 years 9 months ago #186681 by ollehar
Just to be clear, for our hosting we will provide ONLY subscriptions for plugins (other extensions don't differ for hosting vs CE, since they contain no PHP code, so both one-off and subscription are available).

Which support and updates do you offer for people who buy your plugins, Denis?
  • Mazi
  • Away
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
4 years 9 months ago #186683 by Mazi
Replied by Mazi on topic LimeStore purchase models
@Ollehar, my 2 cents:

Extension versioning:
Especially for templates we are providing different versions of the same product due to compatibility reasons. At our shop system (WooCommerce) this is done by creating so called variations. Check this template for example. At the product page you can select the version top right: survey-consulting.com/product/limesurvey-template-janus/
Technically, a variation is like a stand alone product and you get a different ZIP file depending on the version you select.

So we need to find a way to deal with this since the same product may not be compatible with different Limesurvey versions.

Subscriptions vs. one-time payments:
I recommend that the product owner can set a price for each. We by default provide support for a full year but usually answer questions later as well. Maybe we add a "support included for..." field for both options as well?

If the owner doesn't want to provide further support anymore e.g. for subscriptions, how can we deal with that?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #186684 by DenisChenu

ollehar wrote: Which support and updates do you offer for people who buy your plugins, Denis?

I sell only new plugins : 6 month warranty (for LS compatibility) in general.
For setup and plugin support : 1 month email support + 1 hour call support. 3 month warranty.

[strike]About LimeSurvey pro hosting : i don't understans "One-off" ? For me there are only Subscriptions (with included minimal support according to the price).[/strike] OK : subscription only :).

Else i'm upset about some great plugin but need "Tools" plugin : can have plugins pack ? For example :
1. responseListAndManage pack = responseListAndManage + getQuestionInformation + reloadAnyResponse + renderMessage
2. surveyChaining = surveyChaining+ getQuestionInformation + reloadAnyResponse + renderMessage
3. maintenanceMode : maintenanceMode + renderMessage

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by DenisChenu.
  • ollehar
More
4 years 9 months ago #186685 by ollehar

Mazi wrote: @Ollehar, my 2 cents:

Extension versioning:
Especially for templates we are providing different versions of the same product due to compatibility reasons. At our shop system (WooCommerce) this is done by creating so called variations. Check this template for example. At the product page you can select the version top right: survey-consulting.com/product/limesurvey-template-janus/
Technically, a variation is like a stand alone product and you get a different ZIP file depending on the version you select.

So we need to find a way to deal with this since the same product may not be compatible with different Limesurvey versions.

Hm, this probably will have to be solved by adding different extensions. But yes, somehow pointing out a relation between them would be good.
  • ollehar
More
4 years 9 months ago #186686 by ollehar

Mazi wrote: I recommend that the product owner can set a price for each. We by default provide support for a full year but usually answer questions later as well. Maybe we add a "support included for..." field for both options as well?

If the owner doesn't want to provide further support anymore e.g. for subscriptions, how can we deal with that?

Do you offer free bug-fix releases for everyone who bought the template? How would you notify about a new release?
  • ollehar
More
4 years 9 months ago #186687 by ollehar

Mazi wrote: If the owner doesn't want to provide further support anymore e.g. for subscriptions, how can we deal with that?

I'm not sure yet, have to check if the terms and conds say anything about this scenario.
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 9 months ago #186688 by DenisChenu
In fact : for LimeSurvey CE : i see this more like ComfortUpdate for LimeSurvey.
Still have solution for installing upgrading via zip/git

But can get a subscription to have the update of some plugin inside LimeSurvey with alert and all.
This is the real service and it came with some support and warranty.

• ollehar
More
4 years 9 months ago #186690 by ollehar

DenisChenu wrote:

ollehar wrote: Which support and updates do you offer for people who buy your plugins, Denis?

I sell only new plugins : 6 month warranty (for LS compatibility) in general.
For setup and plugin support : 1 month email support + 1 hour call support. 3 month warranty.

[strike]About LimeSurvey pro hosting : i don't understans "One-off" ? For me there are only Subscriptions (with included minimal support according to the price).[/strike] OK : subscription only :).

Else i'm upset about some great plugin but need "Tools" plugin : can have plugins pack ? For example :
1. responseListAndManage pack = responseListAndManage + getQuestionInformation + reloadAnyResponse + renderMessage
2. surveyChaining = surveyChaining+ getQuestionInformation + reloadAnyResponse + renderMessage
3. maintenanceMode : maintenanceMode + renderMessage

Thanks for the support example! I guess we need a "support" field for every extension, to be shown on the product details page?

For extension packages, we would need support from LS first, so it can install a ZIP-file that contains multiple plugins? Either that, or a way to relate different extensions, "good with", "requires", "required by", ...
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #186691 by DenisChenu

we would need support from LS first,

You mean LS pro/saas ? Or CE ? (for CE it's free for sure)

ollehar wrote: Either that, or a way to relate different extensions, "good with", "requires", "required by", ...

Yes, there are already a feature about that :).

But selling getQuestionInformation on SAAS even at 5€ : nobody get it alone. reloadAnyResponse have some interest but …

For renderMessage : i think i can add it (fixed to remove 2.X support system) in 4.X in general plugin. It's only an helper for other plugin: and really more light since 3.14 …

Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by DenisChenu.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose