Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Submit Doesn't Work; Reloads Page

• davidpetty
  • davidpetty's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #175478 by davidpetty
Submit Doesn't Work; Reloads Page was created by davidpetty
Version 2.06+
Build 160129

I understand that this is quite an old version/build. This is sadly out of necessity. I am finishing up several surveys for the World Health Organization, and this old version is what they have set up on their system.

I have done some tinkering using jQuery to change the way the surveys look visually. This seems to have inadvertently caused the Submit button to fail (I get a spinny progress ball for a few seconds, then the survey reloads with no changes to the database and any progress lost).

They wanted a kind of "mix and match" table with some text input fields, some radio buttons, some drop down menus, etc. To accomplish this, I created one big text array and then for certain rows, I hid (display: none;) the text input and created dummy radio buttons or drop down (<select>) menus. The values entered into these programmatically update the value of the hidden text input (the field that is actually linked to the LS Database).

I can save partially completed surveys (the "Resume Later" button) successfully, but the Submit button does nothing. My question is: how does the Submit process work? Does it make some assumptions about the html page structure that I should know about (and may have broken)?

I am happy to share an example .lss file if anyone has this version still set up somewhere, or send you a token to some of the test surveys on my server.

Incredibly grateful for any help. Have worked on this project for many months, and not being able to Submit the survey is a huge problem which I have to solve before they can start piloting the tool.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 6 months ago #175511 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Submit Doesn't Work; Reloads Page
Do you have any JavaScript errors in the console?

Can you attach a small sample survey (.lss file) containing only the relevant question(s).

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #175530 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Submit Doesn't Work; Reloads Page
If you create a lot of input, it was send to server, maybe something related to manual.limesurvey.org/Troubleshooting#Af...d_not_be_verified.27

PS : if i remind WHO use github.com/SondagesPro/LimeSurvey-Sondag...ree/2.06_SondagesPro

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by DenisChenu.
  • davidpetty
More
5 years 6 months ago #175564 by davidpetty
Replied by davidpetty on topic Submit Doesn't Work; Reloads Page
Dear Denis,

Thank you for your help. I had already tried changing the max_input_vars to 10000 to address this problem, and it had not fixed the problem. But thanks for the good suggestion!

For the LimeSurvey-SondagesPro version, are you telling me that WHO already uses this version? Or recommending that WHO switch to it?

Thank you.
  • davidpetty
More
5 years 6 months ago #175566 by davidpetty
Hi Tony,

No javascript errors in the console.
I made a smaller version of the survey, and just PMed you about sending it to you.

Thank you very much,
David
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #175570 by DenisChenu

davidpetty wrote: …

For the LimeSurvey-SondagesPro version, are you telling me that WHO already uses this version? Or recommending that WHO switch to it?

If i remind ls.primewho.org and chrombeta.primewho.org is already on my version. But there are more than one ls instance at WHO.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by DenisChenu.
  • davidpetty
More
5 years 6 months ago #175573 by davidpetty
Yes, the version I have doesn't line up 100% perfectly with what they are using, but it was the closest old version I could find.

They are going to host the tool through their "DataForm", which is 2.06+Build 151215, according to the person I was working with there.
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 6 months ago #175582 by DenisChenu
Again : if i remind DataForm is on LimeSurvey-SondagesPro , Sam Moussa update it.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose