Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

MS SQL

• arjereza
  • arjereza's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #175208 by arjereza
MS SQL was created by arjereza
Hi,

I have a problem using the remote control API on Lime Survey. I have setup my Lime Survey using MS SQL as it's database and have been trying to use the API. When I'm trying to call the get_session_key method I'm getting the following error:

"Request error: CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42000]: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Implicit conversion from data type nvarchar to varbinary(max) is not allowed. Use the CONVERT function to run this query."

I'm unsure whether this is an error on Lime Survey being connected to MS SQL or my installation. I have tried using the default DB (MySQL) and I am not receiving any errors.

I have searched all over the forums and the net but could not find any solutions to my problem. Could anyone point me to a solution?

Thanks.
The topic has been locked.
  • arjereza
More
5 years 6 months ago #175221 by arjereza
Replied by arjereza on topic MS SQL
I have enabled the debugging feature and was able to get a much more detailed error response:

"Request error: CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42000]: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Implicit conversion from data type nvarchar to varbinary(max) is not allowed. Use the CONVERT function to run this query.. The SQL statement executed was: INSERT INTO [dbo].[lime_sessions] ([id], [expire], [data]) VALUES (:yp0, :yp1, :yp2). Bound with :yp0='f7HtCLbEMGDDUBL~YiRZZE2WOwiF3Bf5', :yp1=1539022108, :yp2='admin'"
  • arjereza
More
5 years 6 months ago #175251 by arjereza
Hi,

So I have looked into the code and found out that the error is related to the Yii framework ( github.com/yiisoft/yii2/issues/12599 ). But I believe they have already fixed this on some latest version. Is there a way we can implement their latest version to Lime Survey? What version of Yii are we using?

Thank you.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 6 months ago #175253 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic MS SQL
Maybe related : github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/commit/...ac981733cdf1773a7d5e

What is your LimeSurvey version ? Did you report bug ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • arjereza
More
5 years 6 months ago #175254 by arjereza
Hi,

Initially I worked on version 3.14.8+ 180829 but also tested on the latest stable version 3.15.0.+ 181008.

Checked also the changes on the link you gave and I have those changes on my version.

No, I haven't reported a bug. Will report it now.

Thank you.
  • arjereza
More
5 years 6 months ago #175255 by arjereza
Submitted. Bug report ID 14137.

Thank you.
More
5 years 6 months ago #175257 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic MS SQL

arjereza wrote: What version of Yii are we using?

Currently Yii 1.1.19.

Yii2 fixes won't automatically be back-ported to Yii1.
But first the issue should be isolated to Yii. Perhaps it is something different.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose