Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

consent form accepted and received by participants?

• tagomezcarrero
  • tagomezcarrero's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #195438 by tagomezcarrero
Dear all,
thank you so much for your great help in this forum! I'm a newbie here and probably you have already discussed this issue, but I haven't found it in the forum.

I'm creating a survey and I need my participants to read a consent form and accept the terms of the form. I've found how to do that, but my question now is if they can receive a copy of that consent form accepted by them at the end.

Thank you in advance!
Tamara
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 1 month ago #195441 by cdorin
Hey there,

You can either attach the file as a link in a text display question type or displayed that link on the end page.

In case you use a survey participants table (sending email invites to participants) and "sending confirmation emails" is active, you can edit the Confirmation email in such a way that the link to the respective document appears there as well.

Manual: manual.limesurvey.org/LimeSurvey_Manual
Bugs tracker: bugs.limesurvey.org/my_view_page.php
If you self-host and need help, contact one of our partners: limesurvey.com
Please do not contact me via PM - thank you.
  • tagomezcarrero
More
4 years 1 month ago #195445 by tagomezcarrero
Replied by tagomezcarrero on topic consent form accepted and received by participants?
Thank you so much for your quick answer.
However, I don't know if I haven't explained it correctly myself or I'm not understanding your answer correctly.
So the idea is that, when they enter the survey, they see a consent form (I have included this in the data policy settings as well as a checkbox where they have to click if they accept and want to continue with the survey--attached image of what they'll see).
What I want is that they receive a copy of this consent form already accepted by them, not that they can only download the consent form, but that they can download the consent form, that they have accepted and if possible, the following page that they'll see after the consent form where they have to give their full names and date saying that they accept.

If that is not possible, I would like to know if I would be able to download it myself when they finish so I can include a box asking them for their emails so they can receive a copy of this "signed" consent form.

Thank you!
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 1 month ago #195451 by Joffm
What is a "signed form"?
What is the difference between the forms?

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • tagomezcarrero
More
4 years 1 month ago #195460 by tagomezcarrero
Replied by tagomezcarrero on topic consent form accepted and received by participants?
With the "signed form" I mean that they can download that consent form that they're going to see at the beginning of the survey (the image I attached in the previous post) once they have accepted the terms of that consent form. That is, once they have accepted and pressed NEXT. So that means that they have started with the survey.
  • Joffm
More
4 years 1 month ago #195469 by Joffm
As cdorin said:
Use one of the confirmation mails, adapt the text, attach the form and enter the email address by Expression Manager into the respective field in "notification & data"

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • tpartner
More
4 years 1 month ago #195470 by tpartner
I don't think you need to attach the form if using a confirmation email.

Simply include the consent text in the email and the date (inserted via Expression Manager).

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • tagomezcarrero
More
4 years 1 month ago #195493 by tagomezcarrero
Thank you!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose