Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Is there a way to automate the texting of a survey, such as every other Friday?

• russconte
  • russconte's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #185386 by russconte
Hi,

I'm working on an employee survey. Is there a way for LimeSurvey to automatically text out surveys to specific employees on a schedule? For example, assume we've uploaded a CSV file of employees, each has a unique ID, name, text number, start and end date, job title, job description, manager, and job location.

For example, text Employee QC survey #2 every other Friday at 7:00 am to employee group #5 beginning the first Friday after each employee's start date, until each employee's end date. Those start and end dates are not necessarily going to be uniform within each group.

If so, how is this set up?

Any help is warmly appreciated,

Russ Conte
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 9 months ago #185406 by Joffm
Hi,
can you explain a bit more clearly.
As far as I understand, you want to send the link to a (or the) questionnaire to an employee group at Friday after its start date.
And you want to send it again 14 days later?

Or do I misunderstand something?

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • russconte
  • russconte's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #185410 by russconte
>As far as I understand, you want to send the link to a (or the) questionnaire to an employee group at Friday after its start date.
And you want to send it again 14 days later?

Exactly. It's fairly easy to set up Cron jobs on the server because my LimeSurvey is on a server that also has CPanel, but *what* that cron job should be is totally new to me.

The Cron job would actually be two cron jobs. One would run the script on Fridays at noon between 8th and 15th:
0 12 8-15 * 5

The other would do the same between the 22nd and 28th, thus 14 days later, at noon on Fridays (thus alternate Fridays, since it's 14 days later):
0 12 22-28 * 5

So the cron part isn't that hard. But what would be the command to text out the survey???

Thanks,

Russ Conte
  • tpartner
More
4 years 9 months ago #185412 by tpartner
It seems to me that this is not really a discussion about LimeSurvey.

It appears to be more of a question of how to get a Cron job (or other software) to automatically send SMS messages which is out of the scope of this forum.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose