Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Missing Container Option. Surveys Always Display Fluid Full Width

• razorshiv
  • razorshiv's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #183131 by razorshiv
In previous versions of lime survey, maybe v2, there was an option in the survey settings to turn on or off the bootstrap outer container. It appears that this setting is nowhere to be found graphically in survey settings for v3. Or maybe I am not seeing it.

I found the setting under the core global bootswatch theme under > theme options > advanced > Options > ‘container’:’on’.

The specific option variable in the outerframe.twig is "aSurveyInfo.options.container".

This option tells the survey whether to use "container" or "container-fluid".
{% if (aSurveyInfo.options.container == "on") %} container {% else %} container-fluid {% endif %}

Now the issue:
This setting seems to be ignored and that when you use the default unmodified theme, the container is always "container-fluid". This means the survey takes up the whole width on the desktop and mobile view.
When you extend the theme, this option is not even carried over to the xml.

I tried removing {% if (aSurveyInfo.options.container == "on") %} container {% else %} container-fluid {% endif %} and replacing it with just “container” and this seemed to work but only for desktop. Mobile devices were still set to “container-fluid”.

Please advise how to get container and not container-fluid.

Regards
The topic has been locked.
  • razorshiv
  • razorshiv's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #183135 by razorshiv
Nevermind,

I had to copy the global setting to the extended xml manualy. :/

I also had to add custom widths to the different media queries since it seems they were all set to 100% on the outerframe container.

Honestly, could be why I thought the container was fluid. Not visually obvious but I managed to figure it out.

Regards
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 1 week ago #183251 by DenisChenu
github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/pull/1196

Seems if BS inherit a theme where this was deactivated, there are no way to set it as activated …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose