Default answer value no longer works after upgrade

Mehr
2 Monate 2 Wochen her - 2 Monate 2 Wochen her #182837 von klaas
LimeSurvey
Version 3.15.5+181115

Hello!

I spent a lot of time browsing the forums and google but I could not find an answer to my problem (maybe I am googling the wrong things though!).

The idea is to have about 30 rows of 4 words. Participants have to give 4 points per row to the words that 'fit' them/their organisaition best. You can either give 1 word all the points or give multiple words some points (as long as the sum per row is 4).

My colleague (who no longer works with us) found a way to set the default answer to 0, because people usually divide their points to 2 words. (See screenshot) On Version 2.50+ Build 160425 this worked well. The questions were mandatory and people were forced to use their 4 points per row.

We recently upgraded limesurvey and the default 0 is no longer there. I tried uploading the lsg again but doesnt work. The questions still forces to give 4 points in total though. Its just the default 0 no longer appearing..

Possible solutions so far:

1. Keep mandatory questions and force people to type the 0 value manually if they give 0 points to that answer. However the survey consists of about 60 rows of 4 words. Im afraid a lot of people will give up halfway.

2. I could just make the question non-mandatory but then I wouldnt know if people fill in the survey correctly until its too late.

Anything I could do? I attached the lsg group.
Anhänge:
Letzte Änderung: 2 Monate 2 Wochen her von klaas.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

LimeSurvey Partners
Mehr
2 Monate 2 Wochen her #182848 von DenisChenu

klaas schrieb: My colleague (who no longer works with us) found a way to set the default answer to 0,

I know 2 way to do so :
1.JavaScript way (set value to 0 if it's "") : if the script is still here : deactivate ajax mode to get it work again (deactivate ajax mode globally is the best solution)

2. Equation question set : search if you havbe a equation question type doing something like that before the array question.

klaas schrieb: …
2. I could just make the question non-mandatory but then I wouldnt know if people fill in the survey correctly until its too late.

If you force each line to sum to 4 : user must answer something, then no issue with that.

klaas schrieb: Anything I could do? I attached the lsg group.

Please : only a lss … with only this question.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand .
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Jetzt loslegen!

Melden Sie sich jetzt an, und erstellen Sie in wenigen Minuten Ihre erste Umfrage.

Account einrichten

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter für alle Neuigkeiten rund um LimeSurvey
captcha