Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Limesurvey with Wordpress?

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
12 years 1 month ago #74325 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Aw: Limesurvey with Wordpress?
@magiclko: are you the maintainer of the plugin? If so, where can the updated plugin be found? I had a look at the plugin page ( wordpress.org/extend/plugins/surveypress/ ) and couldn't find an updated version. The last update is from January 9th.

Or is there a process that takes a while until the page on wordpress.org gets updated?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.
  • magiclko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 1 month ago #74327 by magiclko
Replied by magiclko on topic Aw: Limesurvey with Wordpress?

holch wrote: @magiclko: are you the maintainer of the plugin? If so, where can the updated plugin be found? I had a look at the plugin page ( wordpress.org/extend/plugins/surveypress/ ) and couldn't find an updated version. The last update is from January 9th.

Or is there a process that takes a while until the page on wordpress.org gets updated?

Yes, WP takes some time to update the description and stuff, though the package you download will be latest!
  • holch
More
12 years 1 month ago #74330 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Aw: Re: Aw: Limesurvey with Wordpress?
Thanks, magiclko!

I'll have a look at it this week. Gives me a few ideas, especially together with Buddypress.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• FreedomTrip
  • FreedomTrip's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #74337 by FreedomTrip
Replied by FreedomTrip on topic Aw: Limesurvey with Wordpress?
Thanks for all the great support everyone. I'm stoked by the quick responses I get from the forum here.

Even after the plugin has been updated, my central issue remains. Even if a survey is listed privately, it's URL is technically "public", so anyone with the right address can access it.
Enabling tokens destroys the whole point because even if a user is signed in, they can't take the quiz without a token.

I need to find a way to link the Wordpress users database with the LimeSurvey tokens database, so that LimeSurvey will only allow users from the Wordpress site to access the survey, and record their answers, linking those responses to the WP profile names.

I know PHP somewhat, but could use direction on how to structure this whole contraption...
  • Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
12 years 1 month ago #74384 by Mazi
Replied by Mazi on topic Aw: Limesurvey with Wordpress?
How do you want to pass the Limesurvey tokens to the user once you have ported them to Limesurvey? Will you port the email as well and then send them an email invitation including their token?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
More
12 years 1 month ago #74420 by Fred01
Replied by Fred01 on topic Aw: Limesurvey with Wordpress?
Interesting, I was looking for something like this last Summer, but I guess this plugin wasn't around then.

People are always asking for "integrating" products but that means a LOT of different things to different people. It's convenient to have the WP users table and LS users table but doesn't solve the problem of having "private," password-controlled surveys. You have to use tokens to control access in LS. The Central Participants Database will help to pull together a unified view of tokens by participant for the administrator to use, but it still lacks password protection and doesn't have an interface for the Participants themselves to use. But having the CPD data structure at least gives you a place to hook into.

I think people are looking for a "research panel" application. Commercial equivalents are Vovici, Globalpark, etc. I like the idea of working with Buddypress or Drupal and starting with the concept that "survey takers" are users, but different kinds of users than "survey builders." Each needs their own distinct interface.
  • Mazi
More
12 years 1 month ago #74438 by Mazi
Replied by Mazi on topic Aw: Limesurvey with Wordpress?

Fred wrote: The Central Participants Database will help to pull together a unified view of tokens by participant for the administrator to use, but it still lacks password protection and doesn't have an interface for the Participants themselves to use. But having the CPD data structure at least gives you a place to hook into.

Such a username/password feature is on our wish list as well. Problem is that we do all the coding, bug fixing and support at our free time which is pretty limited due to "real" jobs, friends and family. Sometimes users/companies sponsor new features which makes it easier because when being paid you can buy your wife a new pair of shoes as compensation for telling her "sorry, I have to finish this coding stuff, we can't watch TV this evening" :cheer:

Fred wrote: I think people are looking for a "research panel" application.

That's the idea behind the CPDB project. It is just a first version with basic features but once we notice that users love it, we will extend its features.

You can add such things as a feature request at our feature tracker . Please describe your idea as detailed as possible and try to outline a suitable solution/implementation as well.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred01
More
12 years 1 month ago #74445 by Fred01
Replied by Fred01 on topic Aw: Limesurvey with Wordpress?
The LimeSurvey team is doing an awesome job. We should all make Valentine's Day donation
  • magiclko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #74471 by magiclko

Fred wrote: Interesting, I was looking for something like this last Summer, but I guess this plugin wasn't around then.

People are always asking for "integrating" products but that means a LOT of different things to different people. It's convenient to have the WP users table and LS users table but doesn't solve the problem of having "private," password-controlled surveys. You have to use tokens to control access in LS.

Exactly, every admin want tokens to be tailor made i.e. he might follow some arbitrary algorithm while making tokens. Tokens for different users should be different and shouldn't be guessable! And that's where the main problem lies. Syncing tokens table and WP tables is not a problem. You can't make username/email-address as a token,coz than any user can take another user's survey(given token is known to him!) which leaves the option of random tokens and for that another plugin specific table will be required in WP. I wanted this plugin to be as light as possible but of course with some proper purpose! I might work on introducing token-syncing feature soon! :cheer:
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by magiclko.
  • magiclko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 1 month ago #74550 by magiclko
Added the "Tokens syncing" feature!
Now it should be fairly easy to do what you're looking for! Make your surveys private and enable tokens. Fill in the customization options in plugin screen. If you only want users with role 'editors' to take a survey with sid=xyz, check 'editors' and give xyz as sid and all users with role 'editor' will be given a unique and random token. When they login in WP, they should be able to give the survey only if they have the token!
  • holch
More
12 years 1 month ago #74613 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Aw: Limesurvey with Wordpress?
I wanted to test it, so yesterday I installed Wordpress/Buddypress/Surveypress, but didn't have the time to make the necessary configuration of surveypress. Today I wanted to log into wordpress and an errormessage of survey press is blocking the whole installation. When I want to do the login I get the following message:

"unable to update records in ls table with given credentials!".

I can't get logged in and I can't skip this message either.

• magiclko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 1 month ago #74617 by magiclko
Remove the plugin and try again?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose