Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Anon survey generating url for other participant to take same survey & link resp

• sbirko
  • sbirko's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #196578 by sbirko
Hi,
New to limesurvey here.
I presume that this should be possible, but have not found it asked on the forum.

I am looking to have people fill out an anonymous survey but would like to be able to link their response sets.
The way I see it is that the first person out of each relevant group would, upon completing the survey, be given a customized url to the same survey that they could email to the other persons from their group.
How do I get limesurvey to generate such a url?
Is there a better way to achieve what I am looking for?

Thank you
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #196584 by cdorin
You can prefill surveys using GET parameters: manual.limesurvey.org/URL_fields#Prefill...using_GET_parameters . The idea is to have on the first page hidden short free text questions where the parameters from the URL are getting stored.

E.g., The question code of a hidden short text question is group1. To prefill it via GET parameters, use: ls.example.org/341231?group1=ABCDEF . ABCDEF will then be stored in that short text question.

Don't forget to disable the welcome page as well :)

Manual: manual.limesurvey.org/LimeSurvey_Manual
Bugs tracker: bugs.limesurvey.org/my_view_page.php
If you self-host and need help, contact one of our partners: limesurvey.com
Please do not contact me via PM - thank you.
  • sbirko
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #196650 by sbirko
Thank you for your response, cdorin.
I have to say I do not understand it.
On the other hand, I read through the link you posted, and I am wondering if this savedid is not part of what I want to do. Generate a savedid, and then generate a url with this savedid to be given to the participants recruited by the person who generated the savedid?
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #196651 by Joffm
Hi,
I have to admit that I do not really understand your question.

to link their response sets.

You want to send the responses to somebody else?

that the first person out of each relevant group would, upon completing the survey, be given a customized url to the same survey that they could email to the other persons from their group.

given to the participants recruited by the person

The other person is to answer the questionnaire, too?
Something like "snowballing"?

And what is the "relevant group"?

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • sbirko
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #196652 by sbirko
Joffm,

I feared I was speaking in terms too general.

I am looking to design a survey for pregnant people and their life partners. The first of these to be recruited will end up on a generic survey site, i.e., anyone can fill it out without being invited.
I would like for the responses of the pregnant person and their partner to be linked together while having the participants do the minimum required for this. Most important, however, is keeping everyone's anonymity.

I thought that the simplest way of going about this was for each person completing the survey to be given a personalized url, which they would then give to their partner, and that way the pairs of responses would be linked together.

So, yes, snowballing, but only one level down.

Thank you
  • holch
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #196657 by holch
OK, now it is a lot clearer.

This shouldn't be too complicated.

And yes, you could use the SAVEDID to link both surveys.

What you need to do is to display a link to the survey adding the SAVEDID at the end. This saved ID you can read into the second survey of the partner via the panel integration.

You basically create a hidden question, read the SAVEDID from the URL and save it into this hidden question. So have a look at the manual regarding "panel integration" and also into expression manager to create the URL to display to the first respondent to give it to the partner.

You could even think of including the option to send this URL to the second participant via email, using the admin notifications for sending this email.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: cdorin
  • sbirko
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #196659 by sbirko
Thank you, holch.

I think I should be able to do what you outline.

kind regards,

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose