Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How to display 20 questions out of 50 in limesurvey randomly

• webdeveloper
  • webdeveloper's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #185217 by webdeveloper
I have a survey having 50 questions but I want out of 50 only 20 will be shown to each applicant randomly.

Please help me to do this on an urgent basis.

Thanks in advance.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 9 months ago #185219 by holch
This is already described here in the forum.

Basic concept. Create 2 question groups. One with 20 questions, one with the other 30 questions. Each of the 50 questions should have the same code in "Randomization group". Then you hide the second group with 30 questions.

What will happen is that within these 2 groups, due to the same "randomization group", each of the 50 questions will be randomly asigned to one of the 50 positions, some in the group with 20, some in the group with 30 questions. As you will hide the group with 30 questions, only 20 questions will be shown randomly.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
4 years 9 months ago #185220 by holch
Now you just have to think about it, if this will work with the survey structure you have. If you use "question by question" it will be no problem. If you use "Group by Group" you will have one group with 20 questions, which might be a lot.

But, instead of 1 group with 20 questions, you could also create 5 groups with 4 questions and then 1 with 30. Important is, that all questions of the pool of 50 have the same name for "randomization group".

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose